Madden Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

madden tips!

5 posters

Go down

madden tips! Empty madden tips!

Post by JROCK275 Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 0:18

Camera View: Madden Long, or Widescreen
Offense

Playbook: Miami , Patriots , Ravens

1.Try to stay in the pocket and make your throws. And try not to leave unless blitz is coming or you feel you can scramble and get the yards. 2. Try to Notify man or zone coverage. (put a man in motion if the defender follows him most likely he is in man if he doesnt than he might be in zone/ however he may have his defense disguised)
3. Always have either a fb, or te blocking at all times so you can have more time in the pocket for your throws 4. Dont rush your throws or panic when you see a defender(sometimes you just have to take the sack, or throw away)
5. I usually put my best reciever on the left side of the field to catch opponents off-guard
6. To gain the upper hand on offense you have to take advantages of all disadvantages, and mismatches
7. If linebackers always blitz down the middle then have someone run a route over the middle .
8. If you have to scramble and there are defenders in pursuit dont try anything fancy just run out of bounds or qb slide, or throw it away (outside of the tight end box)
9. Notify all open receivers, and not just your favorite one.
10. Never constantly do play action because opponents can figure out what you are doing and they get the easy sack
11. If you know you have to kick the field goal and most likely will not get the 1st down than run the ball in the middle of the hashmarks so you can have a better chance at making the field goal
12. If the opponent is playing man D then do curl routes or outside routes alot, but you have to make sure the defender is behind you not in front or he will swat it
13. When selecting plays the reciever with the yellow indicator on his route is the playmaker which means you can change his route while in action
14. When running use triangle to bowl over and protect ball from strips inside crowds/ Highlight stick if one on one in the open with a defender 15. When running just relax and follow your block 16. Dont tyr to highlight stick with your qb 17. To catch the defense off guard come out in different formations and mix up your plays (run, pass, pass, run, etc) 18. If you notice the safeties drop back alot then have someone run a route up the middle 19. Scope the field out before making your throw 20. When lead blocking use L2 or R2 to turn blocks, Right analog stick for low block, and square for diving block 21.Dont always go for the deep ball 22. Never throw into double coverage 23. Be Sure To Include Packages In Your Play calling 24. be sure to have a wr with good catch ability in the slot 25. To tighten up on your skills play a unranked game (lab)

Defense
Playbook: Balanced

1. If they have 6 Yards or more to go i run a 3-4 Normal or 3-4 solid /if they have under 5 yards to go i pick out of the 46 formation , or out of a 4-3 formation
2. When Playing try to have as much awareness as you can at safety
3. When On Defense I control either the Mlb, so I can stop the run and the pass
4. The defensive playbook i use is the Balanced because they have just about every defensive formations
5. I usually play man defense but sometimes you need to mix it up with zone
6. While the play is in motion and you see a screen try to switch to the defensive end or LB and shut it down
7. In the redzone its 3 main plays used. Qb sneak, hb toss, fb dive
8. When returning an interception if the person is small just run out of bounds, or safe dive (Safeties and Cornerbacks )
9. Dont always try to intercept the pass because sometimes you just simply need to swat it
10. In the redzone I prefer zone defense so the whole field is covered
11. While playing wait for your opponent to pick there play because it will tell you how many recievers, tight ends and rb's they have (but dont let it fool you because they can have multiple wr's and still run the ball for a huge gain)
12. If opponent scrambles rush them from his throwing side because most qb's are not that accurate on the run
13. When opponent catches the ball hit stick them or press the R2 button immediately because sometimes they will drop the reciever will drop ball
14. When defending against passing teams like cardinals, colts etc i use teams with good secondary like the eagles, steelers & especially ravens
15. When using hit stick there can be fumbles forced easily...Right analog stick down for low hit, right analog stick Up for a high hit.
16. When trying to strip the ball only try to strip if you are directly in front of the player (R2)
17. I usually keep both safeties in zone and a 1 Mlb in zone no matter what
18. Disguise your defense
19. Always Mix Up Your Play Calling (Blitz, Man, Zone, Etc)
20. If you blitz then try to blitz out of zone plays
21. 3 Wr Sets I Pick A Play Out Of Nickel-1-5-5 Prowl
22. If They Come Out In a 4 or 5 Wr Set I Pick A Play Out Of The Dime-3-2-6 Formation or Dime-Flat
23. To Double Bump - N – Run Flip The Play Twice (Now The CB Will Be Behind The Reciever)
24. When trying to stop Qb sneaks use Goaline Gaps Fire, and show blitz
25. Always Include Packages In Your Play calling
26. If Just one player is causing havoc on offense than manually cover them
27. Always Have Someone Covering The Middle no matter what
28. Always be aware of the deep ball !!!
29. Always Be aware of quick passes!!!
30. On defense you have to be a force of nature…don’t show no mercy, or cut anybody no slack

Special Teams

1.When returning kicks just follow your blocks and look for open holes
2.Follow Your seelcted Play Specifically
3. For kick returns I put a 2nd string Rb at starting Kr on the depth chart (i say this simply because they will get you the extra yards plus you dont wanna injure your 1st string)
4. For punt returns I put a wr because they are used to catching and wont punts.
5. When you are on defense on Point Afters/ FG attempts select the play Fg safe man or Fg zone
6. On kick returns I pick return middle…if all goes well you are guaranteed to get at possibly a 30 yard return

Extra Stuff
Franchise Mode
•Be smart about signing players. The longer the contract, the better it is for your cap. Raise the signing bonus and sign long-term deal, and eventually you'll have a cap friendly roster. On the other hand, avoid long-term deals with older players. Their skill will deteriorate, but you will be stuck with a big cap hit.
•If you reach the playoffs in Franchise Mode, raise prices on tickets, food, merchandise, and parking. Go above the recommended limits. Fans will stretch the dollars to see the home team host a playoff game

Online Tips
1.Always check your opponents career before engaging in a game
2.Only try Play people with low DNF% (Primarily under 30%, or whatever your standards are)
3.Never play people who are 0-0 undefeated people. (disguised dc’ers)
4.Never play people with even 1 d/c in their career because it could happen to you next
5.Always observe your career (profile) because everyone always needs to get better at something

Depth Charts For Online Play
You have to follow these instructions carefully to set up depth charts for online play…
Step 1. Go to rosters
Step 2. Organize the depth charts however you like
Step 3. Save the rosters
(When you start the game you will not have to load rosters & when you play online in a game you will not have 2 set up your depth charts for the teams whose depth chart you re-organized/You have to follow these instructions carefully If you edit player equipment, or player ratings then the roster will not be in Effect when you play online, and you will have to re-organize the depth charts when you play in a online game)

Things To Remember
You have to do most things yourself (int’s, Swats, catch, tackle, etc) don’t expect the cpu 2 do it all )
Tune up on every side of the ball as much as possible. (Lab/Unranked Game)
Pick teams, playbooks & plays accordingly!
Get the momentum started early on defense
Make your opponent Work hard for points

Last edited by Jrock275 [BlueMagic410] on Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 0:21; edited 2 times in total
JROCK275
JROCK275

Hero Bucks : 36229

Back to top Go down

madden tips! Empty Re: madden tips!

Post by JROCK275 Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 0:19

made this a long time agao, this may be able to help some people out, but its up to you to execute. add on if you like.

im trynna update it , and add more stuffto it.
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

madden tips! Empty Madden Tips

Post by ImIt008 Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 3:43

LOL me and you don`t play very similarly
ImIt008
ImIt008

Hero Bucks : 19833

Back to top Go down

Post by rodneynewsr Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 12:18

ImIt008 is a damm TRUE BALLER....
Never ever before has ANYONE ever truely took time out and tried to TRUELY help out a scrub like me in Madden. 99% of Madden ballers are selfish peeps who'd FAKE HELP--that is, they give you crap that they KNOW is ineffective or is crap that is so outdated that even SCRUBS like myself can and do exploit. Not ImIt008, this dawg showed me some stuff that REALLY seemed to work---not only in HIS CONTROL but also in MY controls as well, which is the DIFFERENCE between a TRUE BALLER and those peeps whom want to be CALLED the Ballers when they are nothing but win-at-all-expense idiotic fools.
ItIm008, even if I do NOT get good and actually start winning, I at least feel like I am today 100 times more prepared to play with competition, and even if lose actually have a shot at ENJOYING the game--which for me was the POINT of playing at all.
Nothing but props to you my friend---you have displayed some of what is LOST in the Madden World now but USED to be COMMON PLACE----LOVE of the GAME and LOVE of COMPETITION....
You know dawg--even when you KILLED ME 55-0 in 2009, I did NOT feel bad in that game..Although you crushed me in every way possible, you did in a way with sportsmanship and koolness that is UNUSUAL in online gaming. I left that game KNOWING I was BEAT by a BETTER PLAYER--not by a better GLITCHER.

rodneynewsr

Hero Bucks : 16965

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 12:25

good to hear rodney...you get your swagg back??

Last edited by Jrock275 [BlueMagic410] on Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 12:27; edited 1 time in total
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by ImIt008 Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 12:26

It`ll take practice before you see your getting better but the D plays i showed you should help alot and keep you in games the O is all on how you read the D
ImIt008
ImIt008

Back to top Go down

madden tips! Empty I WON---actually, I DOMINATED an opponent--holy SHIT!!!!

Post by rodneynewsr Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 14:44

Now 1-3, THANKS in most part to our boy ImIt008 who shed light on a few plays and some tricks of the trade that I had NO IDEA about like the right way to SHADE wrs and play selection...I used your play schemes u sent to me IN ORDER as you sent them, NO MATTER what down it was nor how far I had to go--and it was AWESOME...My opponent CONCEDED DEFEAT in the 4th with me WINNING 21-3 and about to score again ...Thanks ImIt008---you are indeed a BEAST..
I still am a sorry baller, but I am NOT

WINLESS....Yippy, first WIN ever in 2010 on PS2, so OFFICIALLY I am 1-14 overall, but only 1-3 under this name...
..GRANTED, my opponent was not exactly Mr. Madden himself--but compared to way I was playing, the LOCAL GIRL SCOUTS could whoop me!!!
He was a miserable 3-5 himself, but 3 of his losses was in games that SHOWS he was actually WINNING ( go FIGURE---EA you such ASS)....So really this Katz should of likely been more like 6-2 instead of 3-5...
Dawg was super kool and played straightup--did not cry, nor whine nor do any trashplay nor trash talk. He just PLAYED and played competitive footballlike it should be played. And like ImIt008 did for me, I shed light on the few things I saw him make errors on, such as ALWAYS controlling the SAME DEFENDER....Since he was 3-5 record coming into our game, I knew that like me his stick skills likely were not great so he should not always be the same defender...By 2nd quarter, if I needed a quick 8-10 yards, I hotrouted a reciever at his guy and threw to man HE COVERED because I was gambling he'd play the ball incorrectly--and I was right near everytime.
Would NOT try that versus likes of JRock nor ImIt008 nor UserSkills or anyone else with decent record, Im sure that would be suicide (football wise,lol)..
Anyhoot, not a GREAT momentus win for MOST BALLERS, but for me, one of the sweetest ever victories..I actually felt IN CONTROL throughout the game..
And better yet, my defense ROCKED--this game...His FG only was so because I FUMBLED the FIRST KICKOFF and HE RECOVERED at the 2 yards line---but the Eagles Dfense and the 43 my man ImIt008 showed me kept opponent OUT of the endzone---he settled for FG...After that, he had only 2 FIRST DOWNS and LESS than 65 TOTAL YARDS--while I slowly gathered nearly 300 yards in BALANCE----ran for 94 yards and Passed for 202 yards....
He had averaged 27 points a game BEFORE that game----and I was giving UP OVER 35+ per game, so to nearly GET a shutout is HUGE for my confidence...I am thrilled----wish I could play again but gotta hit sack so I can be an effective teacher in morning.
Gonna challenge my STUDENTS,lol... If I whoop one of my students, I know Im back--lol....
Thanks to Madden Hereos---especially my dawg ImIt008.

rodneynewsr

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 14:46

maybe we all can take turns showing & teaching you stuff, then we can come back and write/tell about it here.
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by rodneynewsr Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 14:52

Teach the "TEACHER" sessions,lol....You know I am a old fashion teacher at high school level.Most of you guys would call me a nerd most likely,lol..I teacher the upper maths and sciences, this year that being Physics I and II, Chemistry II and III, and Calculus.
But I am all for the "teach the Madden-dummy" a trick or two, I am a WILLING participant. Heck, one VICTORY and I'm estactic!!! LOL.

rodneynewsr

Back to top Go down

Post by ImIt008 Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 20:25

Wow definately sounds like the D was working and you were able to get the run game going thats good to see hopefully many more wins in your future
ImIt008
ImIt008

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Sun 29 Nov 2009 - 1:50

these tips are not all that, but it may be able to help some............lol
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by The famous iUSER SKILLZ Sun 29 Nov 2009 - 21:08

LAB wit me lol jrock y u not in mh???????????????????????
The famous iUSER SKILLZ
The famous iUSER SKILLZ

Hero Bucks : 18208

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Mon 30 Nov 2009 - 1:14

i be busy all week, and when i do finally get on......i dont be on long

but yo, hit me up for a game

real talk, no bluffing......lol

you too imit, hit me up for a game
JROCK275
JROCK275