Madden Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do madden leagues have a high failure rate?

3 posters

Go down

Why do madden leagues have a high failure rate? Empty Why do madden leagues have a high failure rate?

Post by alc Fri 18 Feb 2011 - 4:49

Just thought i would ask this question and i was hoping maybe someone would know the answer. Why does madden leagues have such a high failure rate? I have went from both side of this problem. From my first hand knowledge on the ps2 league circuit and now to the xbox 360. It seem that a league would be a good place to learn your madden skill and to be able to learn your team skills and also the skills you have under pressure.
But as i have seen on the ps2 side of things it just seem that after awhile you begin to have guys drop out. Also you have the differnt style of play which you would hope to make it intersting. But instead before long you have conflict and then guys just leave and the league suffers and then fade away.
I cant say about the xbox leagues but from what i have read going up and down the differnt sites on the net. It too have problems with the way the games are being play and differnt methods that are being use by players that know they are breaking the rules just to say they have gotten a win. So my question is why and what is the main problem with a madden league? Is it the players or is it the rules or the style of play
it must be something.
We all know as madden players we want the games we play to be competetive but fair and to test our skills to the utmost so that we know that all the hard work has been worth it. But if the win is done cheaply or unfairly then what have you proven to yourself and to your opponet. A famous quote to be the man you have to beat the man that rings true along with any given sunday. Anyone care to answer this the floor is yours and thanks ALC king

alc

Hero Bucks : 18671

Back to top Go down

Why do madden leagues have a high failure rate? Empty Re: Why do madden leagues have a high failure rate?

Post by JROCK275 Sun 27 Feb 2011 - 12:38

I think its just getting guys all on the same page. Once you get communicaiton down, it should be good from there. Our problem was always communication and dedication.
JROCK275
JROCK275

Hero Bucks : 36163

Back to top Go down

Why do madden leagues have a high failure rate? Empty Re: Why do madden leagues have a high failure rate?

Post by alc Mon 28 Feb 2011 - 3:47

I think the main problem with madden leagues is that guys dont want to accept that you can lose on any given sunday with your team. You have a good feeling once the league take shape but to be dedicate to it and to follow the rules of the league and play your games take a complete commitment.
You have some players that only want to lose to the top ballers of the league. Then treat orther players like garbage or disregaurd oppnets that are there to help them build up there records. But we all can be beaten by skill and by practice and knowing our oppnet tendericies. Plus you have the ones that quit because they cant handle the fact that things dont go their way. It all boils down to players and how strongly they feel about the game and the league. But thanks for answering the post ALC king

alc

Back to top Go down

Post by killacs Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 9:31

Lots of reasons:
1) losing constantly - no one likes to do this but some people HAVE to

2) losing when you think you should win - invokes nerd rage and subsequent quitting

3) Poor communication by commish

4) Commish bending rules for himself

5) Poor communication by league members

6) No real solid website structure.

7) Hyper competitive players in leagues with not so hyper competitive players

Cool Boredom

9) Lack of customization in PS3/360 leagues. Think about it, if you could edit players, website, jerseys, stadiums, etc how much more awesome would that be? It'd give guys something more to do besides play games.

10) Lastly, simmed games. For any reason. This is probably the biggest reason leagues fail. Any simmed games are BAD for leagues for ANY reason. This happens and people start seeing the league inactive, they see league inactive so they stop playing. Vicious cycle really.

killacs

Hero Bucks : 16332

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Sat 29 Sep 2012 - 11:17

I think the real reason league fail is that you have a cancer of a person that comes in and begin to effect the league. Like instead of playing there games they decide to go in another direction. Then maybe have a friend on the inside and it becomes a buddy aliance. Also guys dont honor there word. They say they want a league and join but they dont offer conversation or any suggestion to help the league grow. Then they expect the commish to do everything recruit make sure the games get play advance and handle the duties of handling problems. Then when something isnt right with there team handle that as well along with problems in human vs human games. But when the league isnt full they complain and then move real slow to play there games. Leagues is a fulltime job and to try to get every one on the same page is a job.
Plus players need to take responablity too like play your games on time. If there is a good player you can advertise to and recruit for the league. Also just do the right thing follow the rules and enjoy the compertiton. Instead of just doing a disappearing act or just leave me alone deal

alc

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Sat 6 Oct 2012 - 2:40

Last but not least you have to many guys that say they want a league but truly arent commit to one. Instead of playing there games they go in another direction. Thus you have to sim the games and then you have to many games sim along with booting players that kill the league. If guys just play there games and follow the rules it would be fine but again they would fine something else to complain about. The size of the league you advance to quickly and so forth. It just a shame that small leagues cant keep a good player base and constantly either have to disband or start over and that gets old after awhile.

alc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down