Madden Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does EA Sports need to do to make a great game?!

3 posters

Go down

What does EA Sports need to do to make a great game?! Empty What does EA Sports need to do to make a great game?!

Post by JROCK275 Fri 13 Aug 2010 - 8:01

Not by any means a "Bash EA" thread. Just stating some things they need to do/need to happen for a great game to be published.

Overall:
Im a very loyal EA sports consumer, but EA sports is slipping. Getting worse & worse by the year. Its a disgrace, and an emberassment to the NFL in my eyes. They seem to not care about gaming needs, and just in it for the profit.

Basic Stuff:
They need to know the basics of creating a game resembling the NFL, football of that matter. Basics of the game, how the game is played, rules of the game, etc. Player styles, player expressions, player movements, player models, etc. They claim "Everything you see on sunday", when thats much from true. Key components of the game need to be met!

Development Team:
They need a development team that can get it done! Rosters wise, gameplay wise, consumer interaction wise, etc. The development team, led by Ian Cummings, is a joke for the most part. They dont interact with fans, by that I mean answering their questions, and addressing things that need to be addressed about the game. They even have a official forum(http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/83.page) but that pretty much serves no purpose, due to them not looking over the forum. They need people who want to do the job, want to do it well, and can get it done!

Competition:
Bottomline is, EA doesnt have any competition so they'll do as they please at their own discretion. Im guessing they'll try to work out a new deal with the NFL with the exclusive license once there current deal expires or is near expiring. 2K Sports brought a fierce competition, bought a better feel to an NFL video game, and in my eyes 2k would have tooken a lot of madden's fan base due to them wanting a much better game which 2k brought to the table. Thats why EA wanted to buy the license, so they wouldnt have competition and wouldnt have to worry about anything. 2K sports was onto something great with there "NFL 2k" series, but with EA sports buying the exclusive license only they're the only gaming company that can legally use the NFL in a video game. Say 2k can make an NFL game again, I think they'd easily outdo EA sports in all area's. Face it, NFL 2K was a great series and represented a much realistic NFL game (IMO). EA sports needs competition point blank period. With competition then i'd think EA would be forced to bust their butt's to bring out a great game, until then... forget about it.

Consumer Interaction:
Consumer/Fan interaction is key. Like I stated, they have an official madden forum. They (EA sports staff, development team, etc) seem to not interact with the consumers and forum members over there whenever things need to be addressed or when people have questions for them about their product. The way they operate is a joke, and can barely be taken seriously.

Last edited by JROCK275 on Fri 13 Aug 2010 - 18:46; edited 6 times in total
JROCK275
JROCK275

Hero Bucks : 36229

Back to top Go down

What does EA Sports need to do to make a great game?! Empty Re: What does EA Sports need to do to make a great game?!

Post by The famous iUSER SKILLZ Fri 13 Aug 2010 - 10:19

madden isnt that bad
i mean ea could consider the thought of the gamers tho so the know what they did right and what need improvement
The famous iUSER SKILLZ
The famous iUSER SKILLZ

Hero Bucks : 18208

Back to top Go down

What does EA Sports need to do to make a great game?! Empty Re: What does EA Sports need to do to make a great game?!

Post by alc Fri 13 Aug 2010 - 17:39

JROCK YOU HIT ON THE KEY COMPOINET THAT MISSING AND THAT IS COMPERTITION. ONCE EA GOT THE RIGHTS TO FROM THE NFL THE MADDEN GAME OVER A COURSE OF TIME HAS GOTTEN WORSE. THINK ABOUT IT IT LIKE WRESTLING WHEN WWE HAD COMPERTITON THE PRODUCT WAS BETTER BUT TO COMPETE AGAINST NOBODY YOU DONT HAVE TO TRY AS HARD BECAUSE THERE IS NO ONE TO PUSH YOU TO DO BETTER. MY QUESTION WHAT DID IT PROVE TO DISREGAURD YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMER BASE AND NOT GIVE THEM A LEG TO STAND ON. MADDEN WAS SUPPOSE TO BE THE EVERYMAN GAME NOW IT A SELECT CLUB GAME AND WE HAVE BEEN DENY ENTRY INTO THIS CLUB. YOU ARE RIGHT THE EA FORUMS IS A JOKE THEY DONT ANSWER QUESTION REGARDING THINGS THEY DO THEY JUST WALK AWAY AND DONT SAY A THING. REAL CHILDISH INSTEAD OF LETTING THE PLAYERS KNOW WHAT UP EA IS NOW PLAYING GAMES GOD ON THIS SUBJECT. EVEN THOURGH THEY KNOW THEY PUT THE SCREWS TO A SYSTEM THEY DONT CARE. NEXTGEN COULDNT COMPETE WITH PS2 GAMEPLAY AND TO SHOW THAT THEY COULDNT COMPETE THIS YEAR VERSION PROVES THAT IT LIKE A BAD TOY RUNNING AMUCK BUT SAYING IT WILL GET BETTER THIS IS TOTAL CRAP AND IT HARD TO EVEN COME ON THE FORUMS DO TO WE ARE LEFT COMPLETELY OUT OF THE GAME. ALC

alc

Hero Bucks : 18737

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down