Madden Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion of whether madden 11 being playable online. (ps2)

+9
ImIt008
BookerT316
alc
rjc117
Murdamann10
MaddenMafia
The famous iUSER SKILLZ
Raider(kid)
JROCK275
13 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Discussion of whether madden 11 being playable online. (ps2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of whether madden 11 being playable online. (ps2)

Post by Raider(kid) Thu 29 Jul 2010 - 3:22

Crying or Very sad
Raider(kid)
Raider(kid)

Hero Bucks : 17694

Back to top Go down

Discussion of whether madden 11 being playable online. (ps2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion of whether madden 11 being playable online. (ps2)

Post by rodneynewsr Thu 29 Jul 2010 - 10:10

since EA is now charging $10 per game for used game user names and making peeps log in with a ONLINE-PASS-KEY code for the original game owners it would seem to be logical that EA Sports is ENDING its FREE-ONLINE services. I would sincerely DOUBT that they would make the new generation gamers PAY FOR or USE a PASS-CODE to get online all while not requiring as much for the current (or nowLAST GEN) gamers online. This is NOT a MADDEN ISSUE, but rather a PS3 NETWORK issue and PSN (including the ps2 online services) issue.
Only thing is that really I feel us last generation Madden 10 ballers caught a break over the last 2-3 years in Madden because we have had online service (although very MINIMAL improvements and updates) while in meantime EA SPORTS was finally discovering how to make the PLAYABILITY atleast dealable to go along with the subperb graphics it has always had. Going off the Madden 11 DEMO for the PS3 system, there is no doubt in my mind that this is without a doubt the BEST TIME for last gen users to switch over with the LEAST LEARNING CURVE as compared to the previous years. I personally ATTEMPTED to make the jump in 2008, 2009, and 2010 Madden yet always ending up severely DISAPPOINTED in the PLAYABILITY of the PS3/360 versions of Madden. I hated them so much that each time after LESS than 5 days and UNDER 10 games each time I simply was BORED STIFF or thoroughly FRUSTRATED with the LACK of the FUN FACTOR and REPEATABILITY of the last 3 versions of New Generation Maddens. This year has all the indications of being the first REAL DIFFERENT GAME that really and truely attempts to match graphics with PLAYABILITY and give the game some real "FEEL" when you are on the controllers. Nothing worse than doing something horribly wrong or even brilliantly great in a video football game and FEEL LIKE YOU had NO PART of the occurrence---sort of like, was that ME???? WTF???? EEEEWWWHH!!!

I have played the demo, graphics are BRILLIANT, even BETTER than what the PS3 and 360 NCAA FOOTBALL 11 demo/game showed us (which was in itself brilliant COMPARED to ANY previous game in video sports football history). The playability of the NCAA 11 game is really CLOSE to what the PS2 FEEL is, not exactly but most certainly LIGHT YEARS AHEAD of the previous versions. Controls are out of sorts and WILL TAKE SOME getting used to---for me, playing the PS3 NCAA 11 game only is difficult at times because I am STILL used to doing the controls as if still on the PS2 versions,lol.....Like having R2 as speed and x as the STIFF ARM and the R1 button being for the EXTEND/SMART route feature instead of x (speed on PS2, R2 and L2 as Stiff arms on PS2, and R3 down as the extend/smart route thingy on PS2).... But after just 4 games online in the PS3 NCAA FOOTBALL 11 game ( all wins thus far, using UTEP no less,lol!!!) I do have a grasp on the controls and now can actually start trying to mix in doing the OTHER THINGS like DLINE shifts and LB shifts and etc etc.........

*******as you'd guess it, the damm MADDEN 11 demo has controls that are COMPLETELY NEW--I swear it is FUNKY at first but I can SEE HOW it WILL be BETTER and certainly will HELP us previous PS2 ballers EVEN UP with the longtime PS3 gamer on Madden. This year in Madden 11, ALL the DLINE SHIFTS are COMPLETELY controlled using ONLY the DPAD, all the LINEBACKER SHIFTS are controlled using ONLY the DPAD, and all the COVERAGE assignments such as drop off coverage or all-in-the-box coverage or tight coverage are ALL CONTROLLED by ONLY the DPAD....No more hitting L1 (on PS2) or L2 on PS3 to alter the DLINE,
no more hitting R1(PS2) or R2(PS3) to switch around the LINEBACKERS, no more hitting TRIANGLE and then an assortment of buttons to assert changes in the coverage secondary------everything, all of it, is COMPLETELY done using the DPAD and ONLY the DPAD.

As Offense rushes to the line of scrimmage presnap, on defense you now gotta tap the dpad , tap UP to change secondary coverages or tap Right to change linebackers around or tap LEFT to mess with the DLINE or DOWN ( hell, I forget what for, I think this is to have dline do outrush,pinch in, rush left or right----like I said, I forget...feels weird though but I feel like after 2-3 games it will be easy to master)..

basically, THIS YEAR, unlike previous years--the FIRST TIME ps3 Madden baller will have near equal abilities on the CONTROLS to that of the longtime ps3 user.
I , like most ps2 ballers, hate being BEHIND in manner of the CONTROLS--but I promise you that NOW is MUCH better and will be MUCH easier to make the jump than what has been true in the past. I only wish that EA SPORTS would of made the CONTROLS atleast SOMEWHAT similar between NCAA 11 and Madden 11...To me, the controls between the games are VERY VERY DIFFERENT and will only ADD to the frustration of a past PS2 baller making switchover and attempting to play both NCAA 11 and Madden 11 like I want to try and do this year.
But back onto the original topic--WILL PS2 Madden 11 be ONLINE?????

I would almost be willing to gamble my left FOOT ( need BOTH my Balls, sorry dawgs,lol!!!!) that there will NOT be an ONLINE feature for the PS2 Madden users. And, IF BY CHANCE it is online, it most definetely will NOT be online past year of 2010, that is, I bet if it is online that that online service will terminate in or arount January 2011---and updates, FORGET about it----last year the updates were few and far between and in my opinion very minimally correct...No way that any potential PS2 Madden 11 online updates (if exists) will be worthy of mention and certainly not praise.

Suck it up IF you already have a PS3 or 360 system and make the jump NOW-------heck, possibly get the PS2 AND PS3/360 versions and alternate playing each untill you get hang of the new gen game version---I am definetely buying PS3 Madden, but seriously considering buying the PS2 version as well IF IT IS ONLINE ( only because of the peeps I know still on the PS2 version such as all the folks here at MH).
Here is an idea, we all get the PS3 version and we buy a guide or guides TOGETHER and share amongst each other to HELP each other get over the hump and into a competitive range of skill. I have already prepurchased a PS3 and 360 Madden 11 guide that will help me overcome the LEARNING CURVE from PS2 to the new gen systems. I only paid like $18 but Ill get wekly and monthly tips and schemes----Im interested in HOW to make schemes in new gen compared to the PS2 version because it is NOT similar. If there are any takers , message me and see if maybe we can assist each other.

rodneynewsr

Hero Bucks : 16959

Back to top Go down

Post by Murdamann10 Thu 29 Jul 2010 - 14:25

Didn't read all of it rodney, lol, but i seriously doubt they would throw away all the money people spend on ps2 sports games online just to do it. They still got games coming out, so I doubt they would pull the plug yet, with millions and millions of ps2 gamers out there. IF they cut online, they would lose most of them.
Murdamann10
Murdamann10

Hero Bucks : 17713

http://www.madden-insane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Thu 29 Jul 2010 - 18:40

RODNEY ALWAYS ENJOY YOUR VIEWS AND INSITE ON TOPICS ESPECIALY THIS ONE YOU HAVE A WAY WITH WORDS THAT MAKE GUYS TAKE NOTICE. AS FAR AS THIS SUBJECT OR ISSUSE GOES I THINK YOU MIGHT HAVE HIT ON THIS ONE. EA HAS BEEN RATHER SILENT ON THIS 1 AND THERE ISNT ANYONE COMMING TO THE FORFRONT TO LOOK LIKE THE VILLIAN. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO HELP OUT 1 SYSTEM IS TO DESTROY OR TEAR DOWN ANOTHER. THEY HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY TO HAPPEN. THEY BEEN COMPLAIN THAT THEY CANT DO ANYMORE WITH THE PS2 AND MOST EFFORTS WERE PUT TO NEXTGEN. EVEN THOURGH THEY HAD A COMMITED FAN BASE OF PLAYERS THAT PREFER THE PS2 OVER NEXTGEN. SO TO DECIDE TO GET RID OF THIS THEY HAD BEED SAYING FOR YEARS THAT THIS WOULD BE THE LAST ONE. BUT THE MONEY THEY WERE GETTING ON THIS PRODUCT KEPT THEM MAKING ANOTHER. THE ONLY REASON THEY WERE DOING THAT TO GET THE GAMEPLAY DOWN SO THEY CAN SWITCH IT OVER TO NEXTGEN AND SAY IT LIKE PLAYING PS2 BUT BETTER. I DO THINK THEY ARE GOING TO PULL THE BIG CON AUGUST 10 AND THAT IS TO SAY THAT YOUR ONLINE PLAYING DAYS MIGHT BE OVER. OR PULL ANOTHER SWITCH AND SAY YOU HAVE TO PAY A FEE TO GET THE ONLINE CODE INORDER TO PLAY. THIS IS ABOUT MONEY AND CONTROL THEY HAVE THE NEXTGEN SYSTEM PUSHING THEM TO GET MORE PLAYERS AND MORE MONEY. YOU HAVE A SYSTEM FULL OF PLAYERS THAT ENJOY THE BENAFIT OF PLAYING ONLINE FOR FREE. GIVE ME A BREAK SO IN THIS I DO FEEL THAT ONLINE MADDEN FOR PS2 IS ABOUT OVER LOOK AT THE WAY THINGS ARE KNOW GUYS ARE DC AND YOU DONT GET THE WINS THINGS ARE STAYING THE SAME AND THE WHOLE ONLINE SYSTEM IS RUNNING ON FUMES. BUT THE FUNNY THING THEY NOT SAYING NOTHING AND IT LEADS ME TO THINKING THEY ARE ABOUT TO PULL A DC THEMSELFS ALC

alc

Hero Bucks : 18731

Back to top Go down

Post by Raider(kid) Fri 30 Jul 2010 - 5:21

y come out with the game if its not online?

how many people use francjise and superstar mode ?
Raider(kid)
Raider(kid)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raider(kid) Fri 30 Jul 2010 - 5:26

good post
Raider(kid)
Raider(kid)

Back to top Go down

Post by Murdamann10 Fri 30 Jul 2010 - 6:40

I play Franchise mode offline, 2nd best offline game feature except ncaa dynasty mode
Murdamann10
Murdamann10

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Fri 30 Jul 2010 - 6:44

"Official Case": (An EB games representative directed me to this link via email... just saved, then uploaded the pic!)
Discussion of whether madden 11 being playable online. (ps2) - Page 2 9791605

Internet case: (The Pic of the cover thats on the internet)
Discussion of whether madden 11 being playable online. (ps2) - Page 2 51ox3oa5ezlaa300

There was an official case for m10 (which had the online patch), and an internet case (which didnt have the online patch). The case with the online patch (as told to me by an EB games representative) is the "official" M11 case, the case without the online patch is the "internet case". I've read that the Official Case is printed by the game manufacturers, with whatever info the console manufacturers need to include. The internet case is made by EA just to show you the cover of the product.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to call all of this "blown out of proportion", but I just cant. The consumers just want to know answers, and need to know answers for our questions in regards to their products we have interest in. We as consumers do need to know answers if we have questions, and these EA customer support workers are giving us these bogus answers and not telling us straight up. Im certain that the online feature is the only reason why many people purchase this product year after year on this console in particular, or they use online for some sort of purpose (downloading the latest rosters for example, sharing files in EA lockers, etc...), there are other off-line features that are alright, but they are not working to make those things any better. If m11 wont be online the price should be lowered/cut in half because without online the game really becomes pretty much useless.....In my opinion.

This same question of whether it'll be online was floating around about M10 last year, and that was obviously online. I asked Customer support, they gave me answers like they werent sure, etc. Pretty much the same answers they're telling people now. Of course this isnt last year, and this situation is something to stay up to date with, because its more likely to happen so i'm not putting it on the backburner and there is a possibility that this is true. Right now everyone is in panic mode, i'm not panicing. I'm staying skeptical and keeping up with everything, but I wont panic... If no online for M11 i'll still be playing M10 online, those servers are likely to still be up and running (I dont know for how long though...) so I dont see why M11 wont be online. Ps2 madden has thousands of players, with hundreds online, so I dont see them just up and pulling the plug, losing hundreds of customers which most likely purchase the game for the online use, so pulling the plug would mean losing a lot of money, but its EA and you know how they are. (They dont care about consumers so it wouldnt matter to them...)

If all this is true, you know how it goes. ("All good things come to an end.")

Last edited by JROCK275 on Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 19:04; edited 11 times in total
JROCK275
JROCK275

Hero Bucks : 36223

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Fri 30 Jul 2010 - 6:50

THAT COOL JROCK AND I RESPECT YOUR OPION BUT SOMETHING SEEMS MIGHTY FUNNY ABOUT THIS. THE GAME IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER LIKE MAYBE 2 WEEKS AWAY. PLUS THE NCAA GAME WHICH IS A PRELUDE TO MADDEN WASNT PUT ONLINE SO YOU REALLY DONT THINK THEY WOULD PULL THE PLUG. RIGHT NOW EA IS SITTING IN THE CAT BIRD SEAT AND THEY AINT SAYING NOTHING INORDER TO HELP NEXTGEN WHY NOT SHUT DOWN THE COMPERTITON. AND SAY IF YOU WANT TO REALLY PLAY MADDEN ONLINE COME TO NEXTGEN. JUST A THOUGHT ALC

alc

Back to top Go down

Post by Raider(kid) Fri 30 Jul 2010 - 22:09

Arrow
Raider(kid)
Raider(kid)

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Sun 1 Aug 2010 - 0:47

11 DAYS AND COUNTING WILL WE BE WALKING OUR LAST MILE TO SEE IF THE GAME WILL BE ONLINE. IT SEEMS THAT EA IS CUTTING IT CLOSE OR THEY ALREADY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO WITH THE ONLINE FEATURE. I DO HOPE WITH ALL THIS FUSS THE GAME STILL BE PUT ONLINE AND ENDS IN FEBRUARY RIGHT AFTER THE SUPERBOWL. JUST A THOUGHT ALC

alc

Back to top Go down

Post by Murdamann10 Sun 1 Aug 2010 - 6:24

Why end in feb?
Murdamann10
Murdamann10

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Sun 1 Aug 2010 - 6:40

BECAUSE THE FOOTBALL SEASON IS OFFICIALLY OVER RIGHT AFTER THE SUPERBOWL. PLUS FROM BEGIN TO END THEY WILL HAVE DONE THERE JOB FOR OUR SYSTEM. WE HAVE TO FACE IT THAT THE CHANGE IS GOING TO COME ESPECIALY NOW THAT AFTER DECEMBER THEY WONT BE SELLING ANYMORE PS2 GAMES.

alc

Back to top Go down

Post by Murdamann10 Sun 1 Aug 2010 - 7:24

They will still sell ps2 games, don't get that wrong, too many ps2 gamers out there, they just won't make any more brand new games, plus I think they should leave the servers up for 2 years to give ps2 gamers a chance to switch over.
Murdamann10
Murdamann10

Back to top Go down

Post by The famous iUSER SKILLZ Sun 1 Aug 2010 - 9:22

i think the should jus make madden for the ps2 the rest of the games can die lol!
The famous iUSER SKILLZ
The famous iUSER SKILLZ

Hero Bucks : 18202

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Tue 3 Aug 2010 - 20:53

MY QUESTION TO MURDA WHY WOULD THEY LEAVE THE SERVERS UP WHEN THEY ARENT GOING TO BE DOING ANYTHING TO THEM. SUCH AS UPDATING THE ROSTERS AND ALLOWING THE DC ABUSER TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER. FACE FACTS THE QUICKER THEY DECIDE TO END THIS THE BETTER. THE POINT IS TO MAKE A SMOOTH TRANSITION TO THE NEXTGEN. TO GET ALL GAMERS ON TO THE NEXTGEN AND TO INCREASE PLAYERS TO THOSE SYSTEMS. YES IT WILL BE SAD THAT THE PS2 IS NO MORE BUT THAT DAY IS COMMING AND COMMING RATHER QUICKLY. ALC

alc

Back to top Go down

Post by Murdamann10 Tue 3 Aug 2010 - 21:36

alc wrote:MY QUESTION TO MURDA WHY WOULD THEY LEAVE THE SERVERS UP WHEN THEY ARENT GOING TO BE DOING ANYTHING TO THEM. SUCH AS UPDATING THE ROSTERS AND ALLOWING THE DC ABUSER TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER. FACE FACTS THE QUICKER THEY DECIDE TO END THIS THE BETTER. THE POINT IS TO MAKE A SMOOTH TRANSITION TO THE NEXTGEN. TO GET ALL GAMERS ON TO THE NEXTGEN AND TO INCREASE PLAYERS TO THOSE SYSTEMS. YES IT WILL BE SAD THAT THE PS2 IS NO MORE BUT THAT DAY IS COMMING AND COMMING RATHER QUICKLY. ALC

Idk i can't answer that but I know i don't have money for ps3, and I know that servers for madden 09 and maybe 08 are still up, so I'd say 3 years at the minimum for the servers to still be up......heck, nfl 2k5 which came out in 04 still has servers up.
Murdamann10
Murdamann10

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Fri 6 Aug 2010 - 7:45

5 more days.

Last edited by JROCK275 on Fri 6 Aug 2010 - 14:54; edited 1 time in total
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enforcer Fri 6 Aug 2010 - 12:43

alc wrote:THAT COOL JROCK AND I RESPECT YOUR OPION BUT SOMETHING SEEMS MIGHTY FUNNY ABOUT THIS. THE GAME IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER LIKE MAYBE 2 WEEKS AWAY. PLUS THE NCAA GAME WHICH IS A PRELUDE TO MADDEN WASNT PUT ONLINE SO YOU REALLY DONT THINK THEY WOULD PULL THE PLUG. RIGHT NOW EA IS SITTING IN THE CAT BIRD SEAT AND THEY AINT SAYING NOTHING INORDER TO HELP NEXTGEN WHY NOT SHUT DOWN THE COMPERTITON. AND SAY IF YOU WANT TO REALLY PLAY MADDEN ONLINE COME TO NEXTGEN. JUST A THOUGHT ALC

your right about ncaa being the prelude. If ncaa is offline, I can see why. I know for sure ncaa cannot be compared to madden in regards of product sales. Ncaa on ps2 is pretty much dead. Ncaa just doesnt have the support, and the sales that madden has. Madden sells more, more valuable, more people want madden, etc. Ncaa is ncaa, and madden is madden. Ncaa and madden are from the same company. I wont rule it offline because ncaa isnt online, but with ncaa being offline that does come into the picture and could be a sign... But they're two different games at the end of the day

MH4LIFE wrote:http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/90/1119017.page

Been back and forth keep up with the topic here and over there...

although partially what some of them are saying is true they're just making things worse, giving up all hope for people viewing that may be viewing that thread. I understand people want to know, but he says the same thing or something similar in like every post of the topic just making things that much worse and making more people panic... I understand ncaa football 11 (ps2) doesnt have online, and thats pretty much the prelude but ncaa is not madden. they are ran by the same company, and ncaa is considered the prelude to madden, but in the end ncaa is ncaa and madden is madden. If ncaa doesnt have online, that could be a sign... but they're two different games, ncaa doesnt have the kind of sales madden has, so maybe they had to cut off a great feature like online due to lack of sales for this game... no matter what system it is, people, and a lot of people will buy madden!!! madden is accessed by thousands ((ps2) with hundreds online... 1000 something is the most i've seen online. but an average is quite a few hundreds...about 650 to 850.and thats just at one time.imagine how many access it at different times of the day...near the end of the year is the only time not a lot of people are on, thats because they are gearing up for the next edition plus the current version pretty much gets old and boring.), ncaa is accessed by hundreds (couple hundreds the most i've seen online..and for the most part ncaa online is a ghost town)...

All i'm saying is give the thing some hope. But with people not getting responses from the team, something is fishy. If no online... you know how the old saying goes. "all good things come to an end..."
The_Enforcer
The_Enforcer

Hero Bucks : 16632

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Fri 6 Aug 2010 - 14:49

4 more days!
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 4:51

GAMESTOP IS IN THE DARK JUST LIKE WE ARE WHAT GOOD WILL THAT DO. ALL THEY TRYING TO DO IS GET YOU IN THE STORE AND SELL YOU NEXTGEN. PLAIN AND SIMPLE BUT YOU GO AHEAD AND LET US KNOW WHAT UP. ALC

alc

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 13:04

3 more days!
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by ImIt008 Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 13:08

MH4LIFE wrote:has anyone thought about calling gamestop??? hmmmm.....

Perhaps gamestop should call me
ImIt008
ImIt008

Hero Bucks : 19827

Back to top Go down

Discussion of whether madden 11 being playable online. (ps2) - Page 2 Empty Reported by a consumer, madden 11 (ps2) wont be online.

Post by JROCK275 Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 13:30

Look's like we may have gotten our long awaited answer... Smh.

A guy left this post over at EA's forum...
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/90/1119017.page ----->
bad news, i have just spoken with a game stop store clerk\manager and they pulled the ps2 game out for me and it has no online mode. So it is pretty much official no online for the madden 11.

A guy left this post over at VG's forum (the same guy)...
http://www.maddentips.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144048 ----->
i spoke to a gamestop clerk\manager and he pulled the ps2 version of madden 11 and it is not online. So i guess it is official it is not online. Ahhhhh!!!!! (they get the copies early for the Monday night midnight release)

Last edited by JROCK275 on Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 14:24; edited 4 times in total
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by Murdamann10 Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 14:31

I won't believe it until i see a actual photo of the cover or go to the store myself, either way ill still probly buy it
Murdamann10
Murdamann10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum