Madden Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stopping quick passes

+2
ImIt008
JROCK275
6 posters

Go down

stopping quick passes Empty stopping quick passes

Post by JROCK275 Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 3:37

how do you stop them?

you gotta have cb's with high awareness and not just dumb fast people. lol

the more aware one's will deflect or tackle them soon as they get the ball for a maximum gain of around 3

haha
JROCK275
JROCK275

Hero Bucks : 36163

Back to top Go down

stopping quick passes Empty Quick Passes

Post by ImIt008 Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 7:54

Pull the safeties up and highlight the WR on one side and cover da 1 onb the other side
ImIt008
ImIt008

Hero Bucks : 19767

Back to top Go down

stopping quick passes Empty Re: stopping quick passes

Post by JROCK275 Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 8:03

ImIt008 wrote:Pull the safeties up and highlight the WR on one side and cover da 1 onb the other side

dont even work...defending against strong recievers

boldin, v .jackson, hines ward

i always have a safety with 70+ strength to stop catches
JROCK275
JROCK275

Hero Bucks : 36163

Back to top Go down

stopping quick passes Empty Stopping Quick passes

Post by ImIt008 Thu 30 Jul 2009 - 5:34

Thats how i do it and people don`t try it anymore vs me after i stop em for a while
ImIt008
ImIt008

Back to top Go down

Post by Raider(kid) Thu 30 Jul 2009 - 9:10

u htta have corners with high awarness yea n do bump n run n u gd
Raider(kid)
Raider(kid)

Hero Bucks : 17634

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex10MvpNYG Sat 1 Aug 2009 - 12:53

How do you stop da quick pass to TE And RB? bacon (bob)
Alex10MvpNYG
Alex10MvpNYG

Hero Bucks : 16180

Back to top Go down

stopping quick passes Empty Stop Quick Pass

Post by ImIt008 Sat 1 Aug 2009 - 13:21

Alex10MvpNYG wrote:How do you stop da quick pass to TE And RB? bacon (bob)

Highlight and drop certain players into zone coverage
ImIt008
ImIt008

Back to top Go down

Post by Murdamann10 Sun 2 Aug 2009 - 16:29

Depends on what type of quick pass they are using. If they are using unbumpable routes, then dont bump them and shade your coverage to that side. If its not an unbump then I do delay bump n run coverage and bring my safties up closer.
Murdamann10
Murdamann10

Hero Bucks : 17653

http://www.madden-insane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rodneynewsr Tue 4 Aug 2009 - 7:59

Yo dawg, be honest with me---

HOW do you do this DELAY BUMP-n-RUN that you are speaking of, and how do you do the DOUBLE BUMP-n-RUN that I have heard so much about but have NEVER been able to do it myself. I have witness (against me of course) a HARD BUMP , don't know if was a delay or double bump--but either way it was super freaking effective and killed my passing game almost completely. The defenders would virtually HOLD me wr's it seemed , I tried Quick Passes, I tried 3-5 step drop with a pumpfake even, still wr's are being jammed. I have tried the so called unbumpables hooks,fades,outslants,inslants,in routes,outroutes,circle routes,corners--just simply did not seem to matter--the dude's defenders dominated my wr's and I could do nothing--and what is worse, somehow even with this concentrated pass defense, he could shut down runs too, often in the background. I have seen this defense or something like it many many times, although this guy had it mastered like no one I have ever seen--I think I was 1 for 42 pasing--YES, ONE damm completion, with the CARDINALS no less. Was terrible--often the pass was NO where near wr,because wr was basically being HELD it seemed. Im not hating, was actually very freaking impressed--I would LOVE to know how he did it.
He did not freeze defense, did it with Zones and Man2Man just as effectively, and did line shifts with both the dline as well as the LineBacjers (which I have always been told u could not do if delay or double bumping). When I asked him, dude freaking laughed and bullshitted me, told me it was only a regular bump and that was it---he use the LIONS DEFENSE--not exactly defensive juggernauts on that weak ass team, but he made them look like damm MONSTERS TEAM,lol...Clue me in dawg, give me a chance to compete--I know that I am way way way behind the average player--I just want to compete.

rodneynewsr

Hero Bucks : 16899

Back to top Go down

stopping quick passes Empty Stop Quick pass

Post by ImIt008 Tue 4 Aug 2009 - 8:31

rodneynewsr wrote:Yo dawg, be honest with me---

HOW do you do this DELAY BUMP-n-RUN that you are speaking of, and how do you do the DOUBLE BUMP-n-RUN that I have heard so much about but have NEVER been able to do it myself. I have witness (against me of course) a HARD BUMP , don't know if was a delay or double bump--but either way it was super freaking effective and killed my passing game almost completely. The defenders would virtually HOLD me wr's it seemed , I tried Quick Passes, I tried 3-5 step drop with a pumpfake even, still wr's are being jammed. I have tried the so called unbumpables hooks,fades,outslants,inslants,in routes,outroutes,circle routes,corners--just simply did not seem to matter--the dude's defenders dominated my wr's and I could do nothing--and what is worse, somehow even with this concentrated pass defense, he could shut down runs too, often in the background. I have seen this defense or something like it many many times, although this guy had it mastered like no one I have ever seen--I think I was 1 for 42 pasing--YES, ONE damm completion, with the CARDINALS no less. Was terrible--often the pass was NO where near wr,because wr was basically being HELD it seemed. Im not hating, was actually very freaking impressed--I would LOVE to know how he did it.
He did not freeze defense, did it with Zones and Man2Man just as effectively, and did line shifts with both the dline as well as the LineBacjers (which I have always been told u could not do if delay or double bumping). When I asked him, dude freaking laughed and bullshitted me, told me it was only a regular bump and that was it---he use the LIONS DEFENSE--not exactly defensive juggernauts on that weak ass team, but he made them look like damm MONSTERS TEAM,lol...Clue me in dawg, give me a chance to compete--I know that I am way way way behind the average player--I just want to compete.

I`ve been told i do this sometimes but idk how i do it my friends taught me D i do what they showed me
ImIt008
ImIt008

Back to top Go down

Post by rodneynewsr Tue 4 Aug 2009 - 10:23

LOL--good enough.. Explain what it is that you do then. I'll go off that as best as I can, can NOT be any worse than what I'm trying ( hence why my freaking defense is so freaking PITIFUL)

rodneynewsr

Hero Bucks : 16899

Back to top Go down

Post by ImIt008 Tue 4 Aug 2009 - 10:42

rodneynewsr wrote:LOL--good enough.. Explain what it is that you do then. I'll go off that as best as I can, can NOT be any worse than what I'm trying ( hence why my freaking defense is so freaking PITIFUL)

LOL my D is very good in my opinion but i got to bump them and shade but sometimes they get through but because of shade the guy usually won`t be open not to mention i have some very good blitz going on while this happens so i get tons of sacks
ImIt008
ImIt008

Back to top Go down

Post by ImIt008 Tue 4 Aug 2009 - 10:44

If you don`t have the blitz though it won`t matter what you do
ImIt008
ImIt008

Back to top Go down

Post by Murdamann10 Thu 6 Aug 2009 - 14:18

its called the "superbump" idk how to do it but ppl do it to me. thing is if u gotta a speed reciever he will burn the defender after he releases...u just gotta have a good oline
Murdamann10
Murdamann10

Hero Bucks : 17653

http://www.madden-insane.com

Back to top Go down

stopping quick passes Empty Stopping Quick Passes

Post by ImIt008 Thu 6 Aug 2009 - 14:58

Murdamann10 wrote:its called the "superbump" idk how to do it but ppl do it to me. thing is if u gotta a speed reciever he will burn the defender after he releases...u just gotta have a good oline

Sometimes people have such good blitzes your Oline won`t matter
ImIt008
ImIt008

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex10MvpNYG Sun 23 Aug 2009 - 7:00

how do u stop quik WR?
Alex10MvpNYG
Alex10MvpNYG

Hero Bucks : 16180

Back to top Go down

stopping quick passes Empty Stopping Quick Passes

Post by ImIt008 Sun 23 Aug 2009 - 9:17

What you mean? A fast pass? Or a WR that is fast?
ImIt008
ImIt008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down