Madden Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tournament For ps2

+2
rodneynewsr
JROCK275
6 posters

Go down

Tournament For ps2 Empty Tournament For ps2

Post by JROCK275 Wed 22 Jul 2009 - 8:46

wassup ps2 ballers?
there will be a site 4 ps2 tournament soon ...im not sure when just yet but. it will most likely be during a weekday since people have things to do over the weekend.
idk how participants there will be... if your interested just let me know in here so i can set the tourny up as soon as there are enough participants.

leave preferred team (first come first serve)

Details
no d/cers please!
no win no loss d/c glitchers allowed!
ranked tournament!
unique teams will be turned on!
password encrypted!
2 hrs between rounds!
no cheese play! (squib kicks, high & short kicks,no huddles when not under 2 mins left in qtr,etc)play real nfl style!!!

just straight ballers, have a good time, dont take anything personnal/serious, and play against real people that will give you good games & have fun with it.
also if anything comes up during tourney such as emergency, etc just message a tourney member & let us know whats up.

(dcers/ no win no loss glitchers will be put on the dc/glitchers list for that system . no mercy!(haha) )

if you need anything else my email address is jrock275@yahoo.com (yahoo) or jrock275410@aim.com (aim)

Last edited by Jrock275 [BlueMagic] on Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 1:59; edited 9 times in total
JROCK275
JROCK275

Hero Bucks : 36178

Back to top Go down

Tournament For ps2 Empty I'm in

Post by rodneynewsr Mon 27 Jul 2009 - 13:37

Im in--it will have to be later in the evenings, but yea I'd participate---and just state the rules and such so I know what to expect and exactly what it is I can and can not do--not like I can do a whole hell of alot, my record is PROOF of that,lol. Just let me know, my email address is

RodneyNewSr@yahoo.com

I'd like to play as Cardinals , Packers, Jets, Philly, Giants, Redskins or whomever--all in all, team does not matter--I won't win tourny for certain, just hopeful I can squeeze out a win or two before I fold to the inevitable.

rodneynewsr

Hero Bucks : 16914

Back to top Go down

Tournament For ps2 Empty Re: Tournament For ps2

Post by JROCK275 Mon 27 Jul 2009 - 14:01

my preferred team is definately my hometeam (ravens), or if they're not available ill roll with chargers, or possibly eagles

tourney winner will get +250 hero bucks

lol

Last edited by Jrock275 [BlueMagic] on Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 2:00; edited 1 time in total
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by The famous iUSER SKILLZ Mon 27 Jul 2009 - 23:26

250 hero bucks for me thnx lol! king
The famous iUSER SKILLZ
The famous iUSER SKILLZ

Hero Bucks : 18157

Back to top Go down

Post by rodneynewsr Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 0:45

Well JROCK,
Since you are in love with the Ravens and Chargers, I will do rest of guys a favor and steal your Chargers--lol...So I suspose that means you get the Ravens,lol.Enjoy'em. Now I gotta go look at the Chargers roster and see what errors in judgement I just made--hehe!! Glad to be of a help to you deciding which team for you to be.
Rodney New,Sr.
WizzardOfNut online on PS2

rodneynewsr

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 1:45

iuser on kickoffs u never kick deep just high & short

lol ill take it back to the house
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by rodneynewsr Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 3:48

LOL---yea I kick high and short hoping for the HITSTICK on a unsuspecting return man, but yea it often does backfire on me and the opponent runs it back for 6 or gets so deep in my territory it might as well be 6. Yet, I must say that in the 2009 Version of Madden (moreso than what was true for 2007 and 2008 Madden) the KICKOFF RETURN DEFENDERS were absolutely STUPID as HELL. And unless you can user control very well, the opposition would easily get to 30-40 everytime even on fairly decent coverage.But for me at least, I would not fear to say that whenever I kick it DEEP in 2009 Madden, at least 60% of the time my opponent's kickoff return man would get BEYOND the 50 into my territory, and 50% of those occasions he would take the biscuit to the house. On flip side, I can honestly say that my defenders were only able to contain the kick return man within his own 25 yardline maybe 10-15% of the time, with the other 25-30% being return between the 26-49. So as you can realize, FOR ME this would not display much benefit for me to just boot it long, ESPECIALLY if I happened onto an opponent whom was even more superior than normal ballers at geeking out the defenders, run one direction and then consistently all my defenders would collide into waiting blockers, then just to have return man his speed burst BACK the opposite direction with only myself with a realistic chance at making the tackle---and damm, even I KNOW I am a sorryass defender with ZERO USERSKILLS unless it is OFFENSIVELY controlling WR out certain boxroutes and fades. That said, if I want to GAMBLE (which is what kicking deep for me is essentially) I might as well go ahead and see if possibly I can put opponent into a GAMBLE HIMSELF that I will not get there in time to deliver a HITSTICK and jar the ball loose. Worse case scenario MOST TIMES is that opponent is able to catch the short kickoff by faircatching and he gets ball between hisown 33-45, which is at least where he'd be at anyway if I were to boot ball deep. Yet, that said, by kicking high and short, I do actually get the HITSTICK on a return man and cause a jostle for the ball---and about 25-50% of those fumbles one of my guys get the ball meaning it puts me in GREAT SCORING POSITION already before I step QB onto the field.
I can assure you no coach would do a tactic that was SURE to result in FAILURE at a greater rate than potentially a differing lesser tried tactic.Hence why I kick high n short 75% the time, simply accepting that my K.O.Defense is FAR FAR off the average, and try to do SOMETHING to potentailly close the gap for myself.So in this manner, it is nothing short of STRATEGY---maybe not great strategy but strategy nonetheless.And since I do it for logical and reasonable causes related to FOOTBALL and STRATEGY, I can not understand how anyone would fault it as being cheap, unfair, or stupid for that matter. Not when Peeps on my side of the thought process would feel that KNOWINGLY ALLOWING AN OPPONENT TO GET EASY AND SURE LONG RETURNS would be STUPID.
Can you understand where I am coming from on this, or have I bumped my head too hard somewhere in life? ...Don't answer that, I realize now that I'm so ate up that I often bump my noogin' on the edge of roof of truck as I am getting out--you'd think I'd figure it out after a time or two, but no, even today I smacked my lemon on that damm thing.
Rodney New,Sr.

rodneynewsr

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 4:35

so far im in

BlueMagic410

Rodney New, Sr Im Guessing Your In As Well

and kman - iuser skillz im guessing your in too

so thats 3 as of right now. lol

possible entrees (no guarantees what so ever)
RAIDER Ru* (gucciman num 1), imit008* , danny559a*, igfkid* and fins11787

* = site member
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by Raider(kid) Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 9:08

well guess ill win da torni easyly ok but gtta be gd day time iish ant trying be up 2 n da morning make it be sunny lol better den
Raider(kid)
Raider(kid)

Hero Bucks : 17649

Back to top Go down

Post by rodneynewsr Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 9:33

wow, just read the initial post that started this thread here. Are we SERIOUSLY gonna play with unique teams? Why not just make a team of all 99 rated monsters and play, lol.
And I see where it is stated that squibing and suck is considered glitchy? Am I right on that JRock? Hopefully the reply I gave a few posts up from this will showcase how indeed Squibbng and Kicking HIGH n SHORT is NOT a glitch nor unsportsmanship-like nor non-real football-like at all.
I can certainly understand the no hurryup unless under 2 minutes in the 1st half or if under 2 minutes in the 4th quarter IF YOU are LOSING the game and ONLY AFTER A SUCCESSFUL PASS COMPLETION THAT STAYED IN BOUNDS---absolutely have NEVER EVER ONCE SEEN a HURRYUP AFTER an INCOMPLETE PASS NOR IF THE RECIEVER RAN OR WAS TACKLED OUT OF BOUNDS THUS STOPPING THE CLOCK. I realize that most NON-THINKING GLITCHERS do exactly that, but no way in hell can anyone justify in a football sense doing a HURRYUP after an INCOMPLETE PASS nor after running out of bounds ---again, NEVER ONCE HAVE I've SEEN it in NFL (yea, I have seen it in MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL---ONE TIME then even the PARENTS of THAT team's players were like WTF are you doing coach?).
Simple COMMON SENSE RULES should apply--nothing sophisticated or overbearing and nothing that TRUELY HANDCUFFS any player who is trying to beat the OPPONENT as opposed to the A.I. of the game or win in a CHEAP FASHION.
There is a time for hurryup, a time for onside attempts ( Losing late for example OR if down by over 10 points with under 6 minutes to go in the game --so in 4 min quarters, losing by 10 with 2 left in 3rd would be reasonable in my opinion or anytime in 4th if losing). I also feel if you have the GAME WRAPPED UP and opponent can NOT POSSIBLY prevent time running out---what REAL TEAM continues moving ball forward? Uuuummmm, NONE! Just be grateful you got the victory, act like you got some common courtesy and message to your opponent GG and freaking kneel on ball---if you got even elementary school math abilities, you can certainly FIGURE OUT if opponent can prevent you from running clock out by kneeling or not--no need to be an asshole , or is there?
If opponent states to NOT SIT ON BALL, by all means, you should feel free to open the can of WHOOPASS, he has ,afterall, ASKED FOR IT, right? Otherwise, play squarely as if you were concerned about the health of your players and what would be said in the media if you rubbed it in unneccessarily (I cant think of any coach in HISTORY not concerned about health of his star players, even STEVE SPURRIER when he coached the Florida Gators years ago knew WHEN IT WAS TIME to pull the dawgs off before shit got too far out of hand--although he got DAMM CLOSE to that line many many times (see Florida over FSU in Title Game 59-26 ---he scored the last 2 TDs without cause in my mind and Im a Gator Fan).
Aight guys--keep the posts coming, show we still got some life here.

rodneynewsr

Back to top Go down

Tournament For ps2 Empty Kick Returns

Post by ImIt008 Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 9:36

rodneynewsr wrote:LOL---yea I kick high and short hoping for the HITSTICK on a unsuspecting return man, but yea it often does backfire on me and the opponent runs it back for 6 or gets so deep in my territory it might as well be 6. Yet, I must say that in the 2009 Version of Madden (moreso than what was true for 2007 and 2008 Madden) the KICKOFF RETURN DEFENDERS were absolutely STUPID as HELL. And unless you can user control very well, the opposition would easily get to 30-40 everytime even on fairly decent coverage.But for me at least, I would not fear to say that whenever I kick it DEEP in 2009 Madden, at least 60% of the time my opponent's kickoff return man would get BEYOND the 50 into my territory, and 50% of those occasions he would take the biscuit to the house. On flip side, I can honestly say that my defenders were only able to contain the kick return man within his own 25 yardline maybe 10-15% of the time, with the other 25-30% being return between the 26-49. So as you can realize, FOR ME this would not display much benefit for me to just boot it long, ESPECIALLY if I happened onto an opponent whom was even more superior than normal ballers at geeking out the defenders, run one direction and then consistently all my defenders would collide into waiting blockers, then just to have return man his speed burst BACK the opposite direction with only myself with a realistic chance at making the tackle---and damm, even I KNOW I am a sorryass defender with ZERO USERSKILLS unless it is OFFENSIVELY controlling WR out certain boxroutes and fades. That said, if I want to GAMBLE (which is what kicking deep for me is essentially) I might as well go ahead and see if possibly I can put opponent into a GAMBLE HIMSELF that I will not get there in time to deliver a HITSTICK and jar the ball loose. Worse case scenario MOST TIMES is that opponent is able to catch the short kickoff by faircatching and he gets ball between hisown 33-45, which is at least where he'd be at anyway if I were to boot ball deep. Yet, that said, by kicking high and short, I do actually get the HITSTICK on a return man and cause a jostle for the ball---and about 25-50% of those fumbles one of my guys get the ball meaning it puts me in GREAT SCORING POSITION already before I step QB onto the field.
I can assure you no coach would do a tactic that was SURE to result in FAILURE at a greater rate than potentially a differing lesser tried tactic.Hence why I kick high n short 75% the time, simply accepting that my K.O.Defense is FAR FAR off the average, and try to do SOMETHING to potentailly close the gap for myself.So in this manner, it is nothing short of STRATEGY---maybe not great strategy but strategy nonetheless.And since I do it for logical and reasonable causes related to FOOTBALL and STRATEGY, I can not understand how anyone would fault it as being cheap, unfair, or stupid for that matter. Not when Peeps on my side of the thought process would feel that KNOWINGLY ALLOWING AN OPPONENT TO GET EASY AND SURE LONG RETURNS would be STUPID.
Can you understand where I am coming from on this, or have I bumped my head too hard somewhere in life? ...Don't answer that, I realize now that I'm so ate up that I often bump my noogin' on the edge of roof of truck as I am getting out--you'd think I'd figure it out after a time or two, but no, even today I smacked my lemon on that damm thing.
Rodney New,Sr.
Ki

LOL how you let em get so far? I`m hittin em before the 25 yd line most of the time you gotta wrap em up
ImIt008
ImIt008

Hero Bucks : 19782

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 9:56

ok lets come up with some rules we all can abide by
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Tournament For ps2 Empty Way we played our game today is PERFECT way to play/for rules.

Post by rodneynewsr Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 12:00

Monday 7/27/2009 game WizzardOfNut ( RodneyNewSr) vs BlueMagic410 (JRock)

JRock used RAVENS , I (RodneyNewSr) used Chargers:
Score by Quarters:

RAVENS(JRock) 06 16 00 14--- 36
CHARGERS(RodneyNewSr) 03 03 08 15--- 29

Scoring Summary:
1st QRT
RAVENS 27 yd INTERCEPTION return for TOUCHDOWN(missed XPA) 3:03
SD 21 yard FIELD GOAL ATTEMPT GOOD by K Kaeding 0:30

2nd QRT
RAVENS 7 yd TOUCHDOWN PASS from QB Flacco to WR Cooper 3:31
(XPA GOOD)
SD 37 yard FIELD GOAL ATTEMPT GOOD by K Kaeding 2:46
RAVENS 46 yard FIELD GOAL ATTEMPT by K Stover 1:57
RAVENS 33 yard FIELD GOAL ATTEMPT by K Stover 1:10
RAVENS 39 yard FIELD GOAL ATTEMPT by K Stover 0:00

HALFTIME : RAVENS- 22 CHARGERS- 06
3rd QRT
SD 31 yd TOUCHDOWN RUN by RB Tomlinson (2-point try is
GOOD , QB Phillips PASS to WR JACKSON) 2:58
4th QRT
SD 20 yard TOUCHDOWN PASS from QB Phillips to WR Jackson 3:58
(2-point attempt GOOD, Run by RB SPORLES)
RAVENS 3 yard TOUCHDOWN run by QB Flacco (XPA GOOD) 2:57
RAVENS 2 yard TOUCHDOWN run by RB McGahee (XPA GOOD) 1:52
SD 6 yard TOUCHDOWN run by RB Tomlinson (XPA GOOD) 0:53

END OF GAME..FINAL SCORE, RAVENS-36 CHARGERS-29

TEAM STATS were as FOLLOWS:
stat CHARGERS RAVENS
Total OFFENSE YARDS(pass & run) 372 169
Rushing Yards 67 45
Passing Yards 305 124
FIRST DOWNS 14 7
Punt Return Yards 0 0
KickOff Return Yards 128 117
Total Yards(Offensive and STs) 500 286
GIVEAWAYS (turnovers AGAINST) 4 0
TakeAways (turnovers CAUSED For) 0 4
3rd Down Conversions 1 2
3rd Downs Attempted 6 6
3rd Down Success Percentage 16% 33%
4th Down Conversions 1 0
4th Downs Attempted 2 0
4th Down Success Percentage 50% N/A
2-point Conversions 2 0
2-point Tries Attempted 2 0
2-point Try Success Percentage 100% N/A
Offensive Redzone Possesions 3 4
Offensive Redzone TouchDowns 1 3
Offensive Redzone FieldGoals 2 1
Offensive Redzone Percentage 100% 100%
Penalties call AGAINST 2 0
Penalty Yards AGAINST 46 0
Time of Possesion 8:59 7:01

Noteable PLAYER STATS:
RAVENS: QB Flacco 9 of 14 passing with 1 TD and 0 ints
124 yards passing and had 116.3 QB Rating

RB McGahee 9 runs for 29 yards for 3.2 average and 1 TD..4 BTKs
QB Flacco 7 for 12 yards (1.7 avg) and 1 TD.. 3 BTKs
RB McClain 3 for 6 yards(2.0 avg) with 3 broke tackles (BTKs)
RB Rice 1 for -2 yard loss with 1 BROKE TACKLE (WTF, how on LOSS ?)
RAVENS had 20 run attempts with 11 broken tackles and 45 yards

TE Heap 3 catches 67 yards NO DROPS
RB McGahee 2 catches 7 yards NO DROPS
WR Mason 1 catch 20 yards NO DROPS
WR Cooper 1 catch 7 yards and 1 TD catch with NO DROPS
RB McClain 1 catch 4 yards NO DROPS

CB Washington 4 tackles 1 PICK 1 batted ball
CB McAlister 4 tackles and 2 batted balls
SS Zbikowski 4 tackles 1 PICK 1 BIGHIT
LB Ray Lewis 3 tackles with 1 for loss and 1 BIGHIT
LB SCOTT 3 tackles 1 PICK and 1 BIGHIT
CB IVY 2 tackles and 1 BIGHIT
LB J.Johnson 1 tackle that was a SACK
SS Landry 1 tackle with 1 BIGHIT
LB SUGGS 1 tackle that was BIGHIT

CHARGER's NOTEABLE PLAYERS:
QB PHILLIPS 16 of 35 passing for 317 yards and 1 TD with 3 INTs
Sacked 1 time and had QB RATING of 51.7

RB Tomlinson 7 runs for 65 yards (9.2 avg) and 2 TDs BUT 1 FUMBLE
LOSS and he had NO BROKEN TACKLES
RB Sproles 1 run for 2 yards NO BROKEN TACKLES,lol.

WR Jackson 6 catches 112 yards 1 TD and 4 DROPS
WR Chambers 4 catches 71 yards and 3 DROPS
TE Gates 2 catches for 49 yards and 1 DROP
WR Floyd 2 catches for 48 yards and 4 DROPS
TE Manumaleuna 1 catch 21 yards and 2 DROPS
TE Wilson 1 catch 16 yards and NO DROPS

CHARGERS had 16 CATCHES but also 14 DROPS (ouch)

Chargers DEFENSE only had 2 tackles for loss by LB Dobbins, NO SACKS, NO BATTED BALLS by defensive backs nor linebackers,and NO INTERCEPTIONS..Simply freaking PITIFUL, it is a WONDER how in the world score was as close as it was.

Ok BlueMagic410 (aka JRock) , you got me, maybe next time I can trip you up dawg.Good game, was straight 100% and was a fun game DESPITE me getting beat--AGAIN!

rodneynewsr

Back to top Go down

Post by coolkenny180 Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 16:43

Im not getting it for PS2. Sorry
coolkenny180
coolkenny180

Hero Bucks : 19884

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content