Madden Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion of whether madden 11 being playable online. (ps2)

+9
ImIt008
BookerT316
alc
rjc117
Murdamann10
MaddenMafia
The famous iUSER SKILLZ
Raider(kid)
JROCK275
13 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Discussion of whether madden 11 being playable online. (ps2) - Page 3 Empty Re: Discussion of whether madden 11 being playable online. (ps2)

Post by JROCK275 Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 14:34

right right... thats what i'm saying.
JROCK275
JROCK275

Hero Bucks : 36190

Back to top Go down

Discussion of whether madden 11 being playable online. (ps2) - Page 3 Empty Re: Discussion of whether madden 11 being playable online. (ps2)

Post by alc Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 18:08

IT SEEM LIKE WE ALL BEEN RIGHT IN FEELING LIKE SOMETHING WAS GOING TO HAPPEN TO OUR BRAND OF MADDEN FOOTBALL. BUT THE THING THAT STICKS IN MY CRAW IS THE WAY EA HAS HANDLE THIS FROM THE START. AS I STATED EARLY IN 1 OF MY POST KILL 1 SYSTEM TO BUILD UP ANOTHER. SO PS2 LEAGUES TOURNEYS AND ONLINE GAMMING IS FLUSH IN JUST 1 SWOOP. THANKS AGAIN JROCK FOR KEEPING UP WITH THIS ISSUSE. ALC

alc

Hero Bucks : 18698

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 18:18

TO ME IT JUST CONFIRM SOME OF OUR WORSE FEARS AND THAT IS EA DECIDE TO SHUTDOWN THE SYSTEM AND GAMMERS OF THAT SYSTEM TO MAKE A POINT. THE POINT IS GO TO NEXTGEN TO GET YOUR ONLINE GAMMING NEEDS MET. MY POINT IS HOW CAN YOU JUSTIFY SHUTING DOWN THE SYSTEM WHEN YOU HAD LARGE NUMBERS OF PLAYERS STILL PLAYING ON THE SYSTEM. THIS IS A POWER MOVE TO STATISFY THE NEXTGEN GROUP AND MAKE THEM A MONOPLY ON ONLINE GAMMING. IT A SHAME THAT YOU DIDNT HAVE THE NERVE TO TELL PS2 PUBLIC THE DEAL BUT STILL MAKING A BOGUS PRODUCT TO MAKE MONEY ON.

alc

Back to top Go down

Discussion of whether madden 11 being playable online. (ps2) - Page 3 Empty FOR THOSE THAT GET MADDEN EARLY.

Post by alc Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 22:15

LOOK GUYS WE HAVE BEEN UP AND DOWN ON THIS ISSUSE AND WE DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK. SO IF YOU GET THE MADDEN EITHER THE DAY OF OR THE NEXT DAY COULD YOU DROP THE COMMUNITY A POST AND LET US KNOW WHAT IS UP EITHER IT ONLINE OR IT ISNT. THANKS JROCK AND THE REST OF THE PLAYERS ON THIS 1 ALC

alc

Back to top Go down

Post by rjc117 Sat 7 Aug 2010 - 23:41

Well I just spoke to my local 2 Gamestops over the phone. I asked both since the supply was in of the games which they are they just cannot sell them, to check the box and see if the online patch is on it. Both had the case right in front of them as they opened them...both said, "NO, there isn't an online patch on the front of the box or back".

Maybe they just did not put it on the box...I dunno...but I am now not buying it until someone gets the game and says for sure what the deal is.

Maybe if someone has the time and they live close to a Gamestop, to see if the person there can show them the box. But both of my local locations said there isn't!

rjc117

Hero Bucks : 15266

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 1:16

LOOK RJC GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE YOU WERE ONE OF THE FIRST TO BRING THIS ISSUSE TO THE TABLE. YOU BROUGHT THAT OUT LIKE 2 WEEKS AGO AND YOU CANT SAY NOTHING AGAINST THAT . THE FACT REMAINS THAT EA IS STILL TRYING TO SELL YOU A BOGUS PRODUCT AND COLLECT MONEY OFF OF THE PLAYERS AND THEY KNOW THE GAME IS A FRAUD. IT LIKE BUYING A CAR WITH OUT A ENGINE AND EXPECTING YOU TO DRIVE OFF THE LOT. THIS IS A POWER MOVE BY EA TO DO THIS AND NOT LEAVE YOU ANY WHERE ELSE TO TURN BUT TO NEXTGEN. THAT WHAT THEY WANT IN THE FIRST PLACE. WHEN THE PLAYING FIELDS WHERE EVEN THEY HAD A PROBLEM BECAUSE YOU STILL HAD COMMIT PLAYERS SO TO PULL THIS IS TO LET YOU KNOW THAT EA PLAYS BY DIFFERNT SET OF RULES

alc

Back to top Go down

Post by rjc117 Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 1:49

Well if they are phasing out the ps2 overall, I can sorda understand their logic of making it an offline only game. I guess its like weaning a baby off the bottle....take baby steps and then totally takem off.

If in a few months there will be no more ps2 games sold and with madden ongoing past the phase out of the ps2 they figured that making it offline only would be a good decision. This way no more work like updating rosters and such will need to be done.

With the ps2 system still existing they had to sell the game and make what they can off of it...basically a business move to make profit.

They now want us who like the ps2 better to make the move this year if we want online gaming but still have the benefit of playing the ps2 game against the CPU or buddies you have around you.

rjc117

Back to top Go down

Post by rjc117 Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 3:08

Okay take this for what it is but I called the EA Support Number 1-650-628-1001 and talked to a LIVE rep to voice my concern about the PS2 verision for Madden 11. After him 1st telling me that the game will not be available to be played online because there will not be any servers for it, he did go and double check because he did hear that it might be. After checking with his Supervisor, he stated that this will be the LAST year that madden will be played online for ps2 & there will be servers for it. I then asked him if the game does not have the online patch on the box, will it have a menu on the welcome screen and he said yes. So I am assuming, just because the game does not have the patch on it, does not mean it will not be able to be played online.

Still confusing lol

rjc117

Back to top Go down

Post by ImIt008 Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 3:53

Thank you for the update rjc thats what i`m going off of because that sounds the most legit
ImIt008
ImIt008

Hero Bucks : 19794

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 3:58

ImIt008 wrote:Thank you for the update rjc thats what i`m going off of because that sounds the most legit

Yes...
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by ImIt008 Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 4:01

LoL yeah jrock that guy came in the East room yesterday when i was in there and he was sayin it won`t be online my personal opinion is he doesn`t look like a good source to believe on that.
ImIt008
ImIt008

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 4:02

right right.
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by ImIt008 Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 4:03

jrock we need to play today
ImIt008
ImIt008

Back to top Go down

Post by ImIt008 Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 4:04

I was making some new plays vs key yesterday that i`m trying to practice (No i`m not asking for lab i practice in real games)
ImIt008
ImIt008

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 4:10

I'll be busy all day... got some running around to do today andd tomorrow.
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by rjc117 Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 4:16

I'm gonna get both still and open the ps2 version 1st in hopes it is online. If it is, I'll take the unopened ps3 back and get it later once the price goes down.

I'm thinking that they have a menu for it as they told me over the phone but weren't going to place servers up for it so they took the online patch off the box. But now with the amount of pressure/questioning placed on them, they changed their minds and will now open up the servers for ps2.

If anyone else wants to call the number to see if they get the same answer they can. I feel the more calls they get, the better as this will show their is still support for the ps2 system. If calling you just need for the rep to double check with his/her supervisor for further clarification.

rjc117

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 4:30

YES RJC I JUST MADE THE CALL AND ASK THE REP TO CHECK AND SEE IF IT WAS ONLINE. HER ANSWER WAS THAT IT WAS BUT IT WAS GOING TO BE IN DYNASTY MODE. I DONT KNOW WHAT THAT GOING TO MEAN FOR ONLINE PLAY. LOOK IM GOING TO LET THIS SUBJECT GO IT SEEMS WE ARE GETTING ANSWER THAT LEADING US ALL OVER THE PLACE. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED FOR OUR MEMBERS THAT ARE GETTING MADDEN EARLY OR ON THE RELEASE DATE TO CHECK IT OUT AND LET US KNOW WHAT IS UP WITH IT AND WHAT TO EXPECT. ALC

alc

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 7:01

JROCK275 wrote:Look's like we may have gotten our long awaited answer... Smh.

A guy left this post over at EA's forum...
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/90/1119017.page ----->
bad news, i have just spoken with a game stop store clerk\manager and they pulled the ps2 game out for me and it has no online mode. So it is pretty much official no online for the madden 11.

A guy left this post over at VG's forum (the same guy)...
http://www.maddentips.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144048 ----->
i spoke to a gamestop clerk\manager and he pulled the ps2 version of madden 11 and it is not online. So i guess it is official it is not online. Ahhhhh!!!!! (they get the copies early for the Monday night midnight release)

I'm not trying to "brush things off" or not "face the fact" because this is a major situation we need addressed... All I'm just saying im not sold on any information I see anywhere until I get the game myself, officially addressed by E.A. themselves, or a reliable member/source can confirm for us. I'll believe something when I actually get the game because right now no one can confirm a much needed answer for this question of ours, as everyone is getting different responses from different people about this situation.

I wouldnt expect a guy to post false information just for a thrill. I would hope its posted for intentions of informing others of much needed information, and not to distribute false information just for the enjoyment of it. Its the internet, so you never know whats what and dont know what to expect.

(No disrespect intended to him or his post!)

Last edited by JROCK275 on Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 8:02; edited 2 times in total
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Discussion of whether madden 11 being playable online. (ps2) - Page 3 Empty i hope i am wrong

Post by runnshooting Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 7:58

I am the guy who posted this to the other site, for the fact that i have been following this for the last month since the ps2 version of ncaa 11 was not online. I used my same gamestop manager to check that one too about the same time(weekend before the product came out) and it sadly was correct. Now since i posted this, for all of us not to have our heart broken on release date, i will follow with what was submitted on the original site i posted this--some guy called EA reps directly and even though the cover might not have it there is still a chance it might be online. Now will i go by the game and hope it is going to be online without the seal---NO!. But if i hear thru these forums that it is indeed online once it comes out, i will be getting it for myself. I am and older gamer and love ps2 compared to the current gen madden and ncaa and i am dreading having to make the switch next year when the madden 10, ncaa 10 servers are taken down--once again , not a scammer just a depressed ps2 ncaa\madden fan.

runnshooting

Hero Bucks : 15075

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 8:03

Oh alright... no problem. again, no disrespect intended towards you or your post!

Thanks for the notice! Appreciate it. Very Happy

Last edited by JROCK275 on Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 8:40; edited 1 time in total
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by runnshooting Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 8:27

if you check out this site :
http://ncaastrategies.com/utopia/topic/70128-2011-rosters-for-ps2/page__st__40

You will see this topic was being discussed for the ncaa 11 for the ps2 and you will see i posted the same response on July 12 before the game came out ---however bad the news was--- it was correct .

For Madden i do think there is still a chance and hope there is still a chance but i would hate to be that guy at the midnight openings to go and get the game and find out it is not online.

runnshooting

Back to top Go down

Post by runnshooting Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 9:00

ea servers for madden 10 should at least be up till February if not longer so at least we should have one more season with last years edition.

runnshooting

Back to top Go down

Post by rjc117 Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 10:49

My opinion is in a nut shell EA's plan was NOT to have it online. This has now changed with the rep confirming it with his supervisor that the servers for madden 11 for ps2 will be up. To what extent, not sure. They know there are many followers for ps2 when it comes to madden and have probably received negative feedback from the followers and maybe is why they've changed their minds. As the rep orginally told me when I called, he stated "NO" but did hear rumors it may go online. Once he confirmed it with his supervisor he said, "YES" the game will be able to be played online due to the servers being up one more year! There isn't a patch showing it however I am assuming there will be a menu for it on the main screen as it was in past years.

If I do not see a post before I get my copy, I can be the test dummy. I will be going to Gamestop Midnight Monday and will post on here once I am back and have seen the game itself on whether I can sign onto the servers.

rjc117

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 21:10

AGAIN RJC YOU HAVE WENT ABOVE THE CALL OF DUTY AND I TOO THANKYOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND EFFORT ON THIS MATTER. I AM VERY GLAD YOU ARE PART OF THE HEROES COMMUNITY AND FAMILY THANK YOU ALC

alc

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Sun 8 Aug 2010 - 22:05

I cant explain how much we all would appreciate that. Thanks very much RJC!

your the man Very Happy
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum