Madden Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a thought...

5 posters

Go down

Just a thought... Empty Just a thought...

Post by Hell Island Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 4:13

I have been reading more of the posts here, and I have come to the conclusion that there are many players here that are looking for the same thing that I am. A good, fair, glitch-free game. I have also noticed that some of you are trying to get everyone more motivated about the community, and the game in general. While I realize that I am somewhat new here, I would like to offer my humble opinion on a way to satisfy all our needs.

I see that there are over 150 registered members on Madden Heroes. I know that not all of them are still active, but let's assume 50%. That's 75 players. Out of that, surely there are 32 guys who would be interested in playing some good, clean, competitive games.

Which leads me to my idea. Why not play a full season? I know, it's easier said than done. But does it really have to be? Stay with me here. Forget the stats. Isn't that what we hear every time we turn on ESPN? "Stats don't matter, just wins". We would just keep track of wins and losses. I think this would make the whole franchise experience a lot simpler, with the focus just on the game. In my opinion, like it should be. Take you favorite team all the way to the SuperBowl.

As far as rules, that's easy. Play it like it's played on Sunday. I won't say it doesn't happen, but how often do you see a team no-huddle on an incomplete pass? In the first quarter? And how many opening kickoffs are squibs? Other than that, I think anything goes. Of course, you don't want any obvious glitches, d/c's, or intentional BS, but the rest is just something to overcome with game planning and execution. FYI, I don't know how to nano blitz, nor do I care to. If the heat is coming, I just have to have an outlet. If not, sack, and move on to the next play.

I would be willing to put some time into keeping track of games, and anything else I could do. Don't get me wrong, I am doing this for purely selfish reasons. I want to be able to play the game I love, the way it's supposed to be played. I enjoy spending 45 minutes trying to out think my opponent. It's worth the time and effort, if it results in 16 plus awesome contests. Surely there are 31 like minded fellows out there. So let me know if this is something that you would be interested in, and if I can do something to help get the ball rolling.

My online name is the same as it is here- "HellIsland". Add me to your friend list and you will see that I walk the walk. I'm not the best madden player by far, but I am competitive, and I don't quit or cheat. Thanks for your time.

Hell Island

Hero Bucks : 14938

Back to top Go down

Just a thought... Empty Re: Just a thought...

Post by ImIt008 Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 6:46

I`d be down but the problem we have had with people from here before is them getting online to play. Many would set a date for the game and would never show.

ImIt008
ImIt008

Hero Bucks : 19827

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 7:19

THAT WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT YES IT IS GOOD TO SEE THAT OUR MEMBERS HAVE IDEALS TO GENARATE INTEREST IN THE MADDEN GAME THIS SEASON. AS FOR YOUR IDEAL IT WOULD BE GOOD TO SEE WHO IS DOWN FOR PLAYING AND WHO REALLY WANTS TO DO THIS THE RIGHT WAY. SO IF YOU CAN EITHER GET GUYS TO STEP UP AND POST AND SHOW THERE INTEREST IN THIS THEN THINGS CAN GET ROLLING AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT YOU HAVE TO WORK WITH GOOD DEAL HELL ISLAND PEACE ALC

alc

Hero Bucks : 18731

Back to top Go down

Post by Hell Island Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 6:00

All right, I'll try to get the ball rolling on this idea. I would like to have the Falcons, and I can play most anytime between 6pm and 8pm during the week. As for the weekend, just about any time.

If you are interested in trying this out, then post your team choice, and when you think you could play. Oh, and your online name. Mine is "HellIsland".

Thanks for taking a look, and I hope we can get a few guys, if not all 32.

Hell Island

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Fri 19 Nov 2010 - 11:53

Definately a great idea. I've been PM'ing guys, but no responses as usual. Mass messages (message to all email accounts) may help a bit, not sure. I'll give it a try.
JROCK275
JROCK275

Hero Bucks : 36223

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Sat 20 Nov 2010 - 4:10

THIS POST HAS BEEN SITING FOR CLOSE TO THE SECOND WEEK. NOW WE WANT TO GET SOME ACTION ON THIS AS I HAVE ASK THE QUESTION THAT SEEMS TO GET NO ANSWER WHAT IS UP WITH THE NEW MEMBERS THAT HAVE JOIN HERE RECENTLY?
ALONG WITH SOME OF OUR CORE MEMBERS WHY CANT WE SEE WHO REALLY WANTS TO HOOK UP AND PLAY SOME MADDEN OR WHO DONT? YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE A HUGE NUMBER BUT THE ONES THAT REALLY WANT TO PLAY WILL EVENTLY SHOW UP.
OR IF WE ARE RUNNING SHORT WHY NOT SEE IF THERE ARE SOME LEGIT PLAYERS ON WHODAT SITE THAT WOULD LIKE TO JOIN US IN THIS VENUE?
WITH ALL THAT TIME DURING THE HOLIDAY YOU TELLING ME THAT REAL MADDEN PLAYERS DONT WANT TO GET A GAME OR 2 IN DURING THAT TIME?
LOOK IF ANYTHING IS GOING TO BE DONE ON THIS ORTHER THAN LIP SERVICE THEN THE WHEELS NEED TO GET IN MOTION LIKE NOW. PEACE ALC king

alc

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Sun 21 Nov 2010 - 0:01

Yeha, your absolutely right. Lip service is all its ever been up to this point when trying t oarrange an event.

For starters, even though its already been done, i'll PM some of the guys. The core members first, then the other guys. (Its worth a try.)

And i'll send out a mass message from the ADMIN panel. Any ideas for wha tthe message should contain?
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by Hell Island Sun 21 Nov 2010 - 5:45

I'd say keep it simple: Are you interested in playing? When would be a good time for you to play?

I know it would be difficult to have a set time and day for games, but if we could match people up that can play around the same time, then surely we could arrange the rest of the games to everybody's approval.

At the very least, if we could just get an idea of who would be willing to play some games against other members, that would be a start.

Just trying to be helpful, and find some fair games.

Hell Island

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Sun 21 Nov 2010 - 6:48

Well not to start anything but i never get the messages that are sent out by you jrock. They seem to always find another address or another ALC. But you also need to find out about the connection issuse as well. It seems that gerogia connection and south carolina connection dosnt hook up. So maybe you might want to see who can hook up with whom before you make the games official. Just a thought and when is this suppose to take place because plans for the holidays are fast comming around the bend. king

alc

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Mon 22 Nov 2010 - 4:58

Hell Island wrote:I'd say keep it simple: Are you interested in playing? When would be a good time for you to play?

I know it would be difficult to have a set time and day for games, but if we could match people up that can play around the same time, then surely we could arrange the rest of the games to everybody's approval.

At the very least, if we could just get an idea of who would be willing to play some games against other members, that would be a start.

Just trying to be helpful, and find some fair games.

Nice. And your right, keeping it simple, but informative is the best way to go about handling this.

alc wrote:Well not to start anything but i never get the messages that are sent out by you jrock. They seem to always find another address or another ALC. But you also need to find out about the connection issuse as well. It seems that gerogia connection and south carolina connection dosnt hook up. So maybe you might want to see who can hook up with whom before you make the games official. Just a thought and when is this suppose to take place because plans for the holidays are fast comming around the bend. king

Well, as me and you know, you get some messges and you don't get some. I don't know whats the deal with that. Connection issue is important. I can connect with everyone here (as far as I know), but we still have to make sure other guys can connect with each other.

I heard that if 1 guy has a router hooked up to his ps2, and another guy has his ps2 hooked up directly to the modem that is what makes two not connect.
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 3:21

ONCE AGAIN THE SHOE HAS DROP AND THE IDEAL OF TRYING TO GET SOMETHING DONE HAS FELL BY THE WAYSIDE FOR THE HEROES FORUM.IT SEEM THAT WE DONT HAVE ANY MEMBERS THAT REALLY WANT TO PLAY MADDEN THIS MADDEN SEASON.
EVERY TIME SOMETHING COMES UP PLAYERS TEND TO DONT SAY NOTHING AND DONT DO NOTHING UNTIL THE IDEAL GETS 86. THEN FALL OUT OF FAVOR AND SITE.
WE CANT BLAME THE FORUM BECAUSE THE FORUM IS A COLLECTION OF US. BUT IT JUST SEEM THAT YOU HAVE A COLLECTION OF MEMBERS AND PLAYERS THAT ARE CONTENT TO DO ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO HELP OUT.
YES IF YOU WANT TO ATTACK ME GO AHEAD BUT I THINK YOU WILL LOSE I HAVE RECRUIT AND TRIED MY BEST TO KEEP ALIVE THE PS2 BRAND. BUT ALL YOU HEAR IS THE PS2 IS DEAD AND MAIN REASON IS BECAUSE PLAYERS TEND TO USE EXCUSE AND SCAPE CLAUSE NOT TO DO ANYTHING TO HELP OUT.
LOOK IT JUST HURT ME TO SEE THAT NOT ANYONE ELSE TRIED TO OFFER ANY HELP ON THIS POST OR IDEAL AND EVERYONE ELSE DECIDE TO PASS THE BUCK.SO TO SAY YOU ARE A MEMBER BUT NOT TRY TO HELP OUT THE SITE AND FORUM IS WEAK
JUST MY 2 CENTS WORTH ALC king

alc

Back to top Go down

Post by Murdamann10 Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 4:10

different day, same ole' posts
Murdamann10
Murdamann10

Hero Bucks : 17713

http://www.madden-insane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Sat 27 Nov 2010 - 11:15

YOU KNOW WHAT MURDA WHY ARE YOU HERE? IN ONE OF YOUR MOST RECENT POST YOU SAID THAT YOU HAD TO SELL YOUR PS2 TO CLEAR UP SOMETHING. THEN WHY ARE YOU ON THE BOARD IF YOU HAVE NO SYSTEM AND YOU DONT PLAY? AGAIN I ASK WHY ARE YOU HERE? YOU ARE ONE OF THE MOST NEGATIVE MEMBERS THAT WE HAVE HERE ON THE FORUMS. ANYTHING COMES UP YOU DOWN GRADED AND YOU NEVER OFFER A SUGGESTION OR ANYTHING TO TRY TO PUT SOMETHING INTO THE SITE. PLUS EVERY POSTS I HAVE YOU ALWAYS HAVE SOME SMART ASS COMMENT TO SAY. LOOK NOONE IS HOLDING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD TO RESPOND IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT IM SAYING STEP THE FUCK OFF. BECAUSE YOUR SHIT IS THE REASON WHY THE FORUM IS DYING PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT DONT WANT TO SEE NOTHING GET DONE AND ALWAYS BLOCKING. IF I DONT SPEAK THE TRUTH CALL ME OUT BUT I AM ONE OF THE MOST ACTIVE MEMBER ON THIS FORUM AND EVERYONE KNOWS THAT. I DO WHAT I CAN IM NOT PERFECT BUT IF THERE IS A IDEAL I TRY TO LEND MY SUPPORT IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. BUT YOU WHEN IT COMES TO TOURNAMENT HERE YOU DONT PLAY IF ORTHER IDEALS COME ALONG YOU DONT RESPOND AND WHEN YOU DO IT ONLY TO DOGG IT OUT. LOOK MAN YOU HAVE BEEF WITH ME THAT FINE BUT STOP WITH ALL THIS NEGATIVE CRAP IF YOU WANT TO SHOW SOMETHING STEP UP AND DO SOMETHING. OR JUST GET THE FUCK OFF THE BUS AND STOP RIDING FOR FREE. THAT MY RESPONCES TO YOU ALC king

alc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down