Madden Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My madden 2010 ps2 review

3 posters

Go down

My madden 2010 ps2 review Empty My madden 2010 ps2 review

Post by JROCK275 Sat 15 Aug 2009 - 1:18

My Madden 10 PS2 Review

• Overall – enjoyable game, much better.

• Would I recommend it? –I would recommend it because gameplay is good, and the game overall is more realistic.

• Offense – everything is pretty much the same., Very smooth ,and seems slightly upgraded.

• Passing - Qb accuracy, and the way you release throws will be everything this year in the passing game.

• Running – seems like its harder to run, that makes it more fun. The impact of Highlight stick is toned down alot.

• Offensive Line – the offensive line seems to be blocking better. They give you decent time in the pocket for throws, and decent blocks when running.

• Defense – defense is better, but nothing extraordinary. Defense will have more of an impact of the games outcome.

• Tackling – tackling seems like its upgraded. Easier to tackle.

• Special Teams - more realistic. Not easy to return a kick for the easy 6 like before.

Other stuff

• Playbooks – playbooks are a little updated , some of them have less formations so they can be somewhat identical to the real life playbooks.

• Wildcat – I previewed miami’s playbook, yes it has the wildcat formation in It. The play selection is very little. I used the wildcat multiple times and I must say it is good, but it will definitely be abused.

• Rosters –Player ratings, and team overalls are very different than the next generation rosters.

• Game speed - game speed seems like it is slowed down, but Its very good like that.

• Camera modes - same camera modes.

• Impact camera – you can now feel the impact of a hard hit when the camera shakes. (impact cam)

• Commentary – so far I like the new commentary, its Pretty good.

• Graphics – somewhat better, but nothing extraordinary.

• Animations – pretty much the same animations with a few new ones though.

• Game Modes - same game modes.

• Fight for the fumble – I never had to use this yet. It is an option, so it can be turned off at the settings menu.

• Customize player moves – you can perform moves using the right analog stick instead of using the buttons for the moves.
(examples truck stick, jukes, stiff arm , etc all will be used with analog stick if you pick that option.)

• Ride the momentum – as a player progresses in the game they will be able to perform better, or worse with the momentum shifts. Improvements vary depending on the players position.

• in-game stats display - new in game stats display board(time of posession, drive summary, etc.)

• score board - new scoreboard. It kinda looks like the next generation score board.

• Online Play – madden 2010 is playable online. online play is pretty much the same. levels restart every year, meaning everyone starts off on level 1. your online record will be the same if you use that previous account. The green field is still the background at the main menu. The online population is very good, 600+ on the first day, and there will be more online players as time progresses. The d/c glitch still does exist (you both get losses), and so does the no win no loss glitch too.

Last edited by Jrock275 [BlueMagic410] on Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 0:54; edited 11 times in total
JROCK275
JROCK275

Hero Bucks : 36229

Back to top Go down

My madden 2010 ps2 review Empty Re: My madden 2010 ps2 review

Post by photographybyrj Sat 15 Aug 2009 - 1:56

Good review, but yea, I agree with the player ratings. For the Steelers, I have a player who did not start last year have a better overall rating than one of my starters lol. I am missing a few players as well. It seems I am missing some free agents that we signed like McDonald and Ratliff.

Online seems to be the same. Only thing I seen last night, and it happened it both my games, when you kick off, the screen gets kinda choopy and moves...maybe it was a server issue, I dunno lol
photographybyrj
photographybyrj

Hero Bucks : 16427

Back to top Go down

Post by rodneynewsr Sat 15 Aug 2009 - 7:29

JROCK,
Sup dawg--very accurate breakdown above, I do not disagree with anything you said at all.
QUESTION THOUGH???
Last night, I used Miami and also Miami's playbooks...During the ONLINE GAME, I actually WAS ABLE TO FIND as well as USE the WILDCAT FORMATION, but weird thing is, OFFLINE I can not find that formation or plays I saw in it in ANY PLAYBOOK, muchless Miami's.
OBVIOUSLY it DOES EXIST on the PS2, I actually did IN FACT SEE and USE the WILDCAT ONLINE during my game----and YOU here have said you know it is there..But OMG, where in the Freak is that playscheme at in the Dolphins or anyother teams' playbook offensively? I am truely PUZZLED---wondering if I don't have a flawed disc since I can not find it....
Could you tell me , since you used OFFLINE in the practice mode, WHAT offensive playbook and WHERE IN THAT PLAYBOOK I could locate the WILDCAT formation?
APPRECAITE you in advanced my friend.
Rodney New Sr
old WizzardOfNut
and now as Dad of Six
on the PS2 network

rodneynewsr

Hero Bucks : 16965

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Sat 15 Aug 2009 - 7:42

yeah, i only seen it in mia's pb too.

i had alot of success with the wildcat.
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by rodneynewsr Sat 15 Aug 2009 - 7:50

no JROCK---I KNOW it DOES EXIST, hell I used it several times while ONLINE......PROBLEM is,
I can NOT find the WILDCAT in ANY of the playbooks, even Miami's, when I am OFFLINE...
..but you said you used it in offline PRACTICE MODE, so you would obviously have the answer I need--HOW TO LOCATE IT in the playbook menus.
Thanks

rodneynewsr

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Sat 15 Aug 2009 - 7:53

the wildcat is in miamis playboook, its a formation with 3 plays
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by rodneynewsr Sat 15 Aug 2009 - 8:03

LOL--I know that JROCK...
I figured it out....THE WILDCAT FORMATION is in the ONLINE and PRACTICE MODE in MIAMI's playbook AFTER the shotgun formations are shown, HOWEVER..
If you go into MY MADDEN section to SET UP AUDIBLES, right, ...you will NOT be able to LOCATE the Wildcat formation anywhere on any teams playbook.It just APPEARS when you are in Practice Mode or if online.
By the way, got some MONEY MONEY MONEY plays ALREADY from the wildcat..Yea, it only has 3 plays, but I got it to be TWELVE ALREADY,lol....And most everytime it is good for 10+ yards and alot of BIGGER GAINERS running and passing alike.

rodneynewsr

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Sat 15 Aug 2009 - 8:50

yes i love wildcat..
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by rodneynewsr Sat 15 Aug 2009 - 9:01

JROCK----
Are you EVEN READING what it is I am asking dawg?
I am not asking if you like it or not---but if or not YOU CAN LOCATE THE WILDCAT in Miami's or ANY other teams playoff if NOT ONLINE OR IN PRACTICE MODE?
I got the Wildcat, BUT ONLY IF IN PRACTICE MODE OR GAMEMODE online or offline----but I can NOT set up the Wildcat as an AUDIBLE because the WILDCAT is NOT in the MY MADDEN part's playbook for Miami.

rodneynewsr

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Sat 15 Aug 2009 - 9:12

rodneynewsr wrote:JROCK----
Are you EVEN READING what it is I am asking dawg?
I am not asking if you like it or not---but if or not YOU CAN LOCATE THE WILDCAT in Miami's or ANY other teams playoff if NOT ONLINE OR IN PRACTICE MODE?
I got the Wildcat, BUT ONLY IF IN PRACTICE MODE OR GAMEMODE online or offline----but I can NOT set up the Wildcat as an AUDIBLE because the WILDCAT is NOT in the MY MADDEN part's playbook for Miami.

i know, i cant find it when not in a game, or pracrice either

you just have to adjust ur depth chart rite
JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 0:55

JROCK275
JROCK275

Back to top Go down