Madden Heroes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW CAN YOUR RUNNING GAME HELP YOU TO CLOSE OUT CLOSE GAMES?

5 posters

Go down

HOW CAN YOUR RUNNING GAME HELP YOU TO CLOSE OUT CLOSE GAMES? Empty HOW CAN YOUR RUNNING GAME HELP YOU TO CLOSE OUT CLOSE GAMES?

Post by alc Mon 5 Jul 2010 - 6:15

LOOK I HAD THE CHANCE TO CLOSE OUT THIS GAME AFTER MY DEFENSE HAD STOP MY OPPONET. SO I DECIDE TO USE MY RUNNING GAME AND FOUND OUT THAT MY RUNNING GAME STALL AND I HAD TO PUNT THE BALL BACK TO HIM AFTER COMMING UP LOST. SO I ASK THE HEROES WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO HAVE YOUR RUNNING GAME INGEAR TO HELP YOU CLOSE OUT CLOSE GAMES. I TRIED COUNTERS AND SWEEPS AND LEAD TOSS AND NONE OF THOSE PLAYS PRODUCE ANYTHING. SO CAN SOMEONE THAT HAS EXPERIENCES INTHIS PLEASE EXPLAIN THE PROPER PLAYS TO USE IN THIS SITO EACH ONE IS DIFFERNT BUT THERE MUST BE SOMETHING THAT CAN HELP. THANKS ALC

alc

Hero Bucks : 18647

Back to top Go down

HOW CAN YOUR RUNNING GAME HELP YOU TO CLOSE OUT CLOSE GAMES? Empty Re: HOW CAN YOUR RUNNING GAME HELP YOU TO CLOSE OUT CLOSE GAMES?

Post by Raider(kid) Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 0:50

alc wrote:LOOK I HAD THE CHANCE TO CLOSE OUT THIS GAME AFTER MY DEFENSE HAD STOP MY OPPONET. SO I DECIDE TO USE MY RUNNING GAME AND FOUND OUT THAT MY RUNNING GAME STALL AND I HAD TO PUNT THE BALL BACK TO HIM AFTER COMMING UP LOST. SO I ASK THE HEROES WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO HAVE YOUR RUNNING GAME INGEAR TO HELP YOU CLOSE OUT CLOSE GAMES. I TRIED COUNTERS AND SWEEPS AND LEAD TOSS AND NONE OF THOSE PLAYS PRODUCE ANYTHING. SO CAN SOMEONE THAT HAS EXPERIENCES INTHIS PLEASE EXPLAIN THE PROPER PLAYS TO USE IN THIS SITO EACH ONE IS DIFFERNT BUT THERE MUST BE SOMETHING THAT CAN HELP. THANKS ALC

yes i agree with jrock, but i think u should mix in sum pass plays while your opponent thinks your trying to milk and he will probally blitz u . so mixing in sum playaction will keep him on his heels, i recomend using dives and slams sweeps take to long to devolop,and counters can get shutdown by commiting to that side
Raider(kid)
Raider(kid)

Hero Bucks : 17610

Back to top Go down

HOW CAN YOUR RUNNING GAME HELP YOU TO CLOSE OUT CLOSE GAMES? Empty Re: HOW CAN YOUR RUNNING GAME HELP YOU TO CLOSE OUT CLOSE GAMES?

Post by JROCK275 Tue 6 Jul 2010 - 14:03

yeah, counters take longer to develop.
JROCK275
JROCK275

Hero Bucks : 36139

Back to top Go down

Post by jonesyskins Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 2:22

I use an unbalanced line (OL instead of TE) in certain formations. Motion also helps to determine defensive set. Since I been playing Madden, I always have 1300+ yards rushing a season. In Mad10, I had some 7th round pick make MVP. 25 TD's, 1734 yards.

jonesyskins

Hero Bucks : 15006

Back to top Go down

Post by JROCK275 Sun 26 Sep 2010 - 5:25

well, there are differant scenarios. for instance, when you have a lead and the game is coming down to the end a strong run game is great for closing out. And when the game is knotted-up and going down to the wire a good run game is good to have too. you do have to be successful though,

my favourite run play is HB dive. its a very simple run play the play is usually in every formation, and I like it. As you know, I use the ravens. big O-line, and a good run game in rice,mcgahee, and mcclain. If im not mistaken you use the chargers, they have a good solid O-line. I would use LT in there (he is a better all around runner then sproles)

Try to keep a balanced attack and not just a run-first attack
JROCK275
JROCK275

Hero Bucks : 36139

Back to top Go down

Post by Hell Island Mon 18 Oct 2010 - 23:26

One thing i have noticed is running out of pass formations ( 3 wide/4 wide) really seems to help my overall game on offense. That, and running on passing downs helps keep my opponent off balance. One other thing i do is split carries with both HB's and also my FB, seems to reduce fumbles keeping a fresh back in there.

Hell Island

Hero Bucks : 14854

Back to top Go down

Post by jonesyskins Tue 19 Oct 2010 - 4:56

I run a dive out of the 4 wide sometimes when it's either 3rd and a mile or I just want to pop a quick gainer. I sometimes have to use motion to get the defense out of position.

jonesyskins

Back to top Go down

Post by jonesyskins Tue 19 Oct 2010 - 5:03

Sorry, to answer your question, it's all about down, distance and time. You can try to run out the clock, but suppose the defense tackles you for a loss and now it is now 3rd and 12? 1:33 in the game, on your own 38 and the other team just called it's second timeout. Your ahead by 2 points. Do you throw?

jonesyskins

Back to top Go down

Post by alc Tue 19 Oct 2010 - 6:56

YES IN THAT CASE YOU DO BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT SHORT QUICK PLAYS ARE IN YOUR PLAY BOOK. MOST GUYS ONLINE SEE THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO MILK THE CLOCK AND DECIDE TO SEND AN ALL OUT BLITZ OR A OVERLOAD AND BRING HEAT TO DISRUPT YOUR OFFENSE PLAY. YOU HAVE TO GO WITH WHAT YOU THINK WILL EITHER GET YOU THE WIN OR GIVE YOU THE LOSE. YOU CANT PLAY CONSERVEATIVE. ALC

alc

Hero Bucks : 18647

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down